Greg
Years ago

Kristi Harrower - Playing decision imminent

Will see how she pulls up after this weeks trainings.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/2624100/training-sessions-to-determine-kristis-future/?cs=81

Topic #35667 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does she not just retire go to coaching and let the younger ones have their turn for goodness sake

Reply #498193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, it's not like say Jo Hill for example, playing below par/not winning championships.

I'd agree and I think she would that if she wasn't healthy or able to play she would move aside.

Pretty hard when you're coming off back to back championships and averaging like 8+ assists a game to try even attempt to go around one more time.

Reply #498210 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Could have sworn she retired after the Olympics?

Reply #498214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From representative duties, yes?

WNBL def not.

Reply #498215 | Report this post

CL  
Years ago

Must we go through this publicity stunt EVERY. SINGLE. OFFSEASON??

It's a joke. Everyone knows she's playing. Let's just get on with it.

Reply #498225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, the waiting game is geeting a little old now.

with all due respect, yes she has been of great service to the game and womens basketball in australia. will be hard to replace, however lets not forget that her back up has recently just won a bronze medal with the opals.

i think its time to give them a go!

Reply #498238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

same rubbish every year!

Reply #498243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go through this every season, bring on an extra sponsor to pay her salary. Good times.

Reply #498246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The decision is made - She'll return to try a 3peat

http://tinyurl.com/mme2mfp

Reply #498473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For anyone who knows the real story that is sad news

Reply #498503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She needs to retire now enough is enough

Reply #498504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed. left it to the 11th hour..
hopefully it does happen in the future for her!

Reply #498522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a disgraceful thing to say, telling her to retire just because she's 'old'.

Clearly still able to get the job done, unlike Jo Hill which I don't remember anyone mentioning.

Could you see yourself leaving a team that has won back to by titles and trying for a third, just because you're old and the 'new' people need to have a go? What a crock.

I'm all for the kids getting more minutes, but these current team circumstances in my opinion change it considerably.

Reply #498524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

> For anyone who knows the real story that is sad news

It is indeed, for her personally :(

Though speaking purely as a basketball fan, it will be nice to see her go around one more time. One of the greatest PGs ever to play here, and even today at her age and with her physical limitations and modest size, she is still head & shoulders above most other PGs going around.

Reply #498527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every year it's the same thing says she's probably retiring then last minute oh no I'll play, yes she's a great point guard, but she got they way because she was given opportunities at a young age and has had years to master her craft, don't you think it's time she gave those same opportunities to the others who have been waiting in the wings for years to have their time, they are not getting any younger . Go gracefully and put back in by helping others to become as good if not better. 40 isn't old by any means, and retiring from the sport she loves would be hard, but she's had her go, time to start a new phase of her life, she's done nothing else until now!!!

Reply #498529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its easy from the cheap seats as a keyboard warrior. All these people know exactly every reason why she is or isnt playing. It's sad. She is good enough let her play. If she really had her way she wouldnt be

Reply #498554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on mate, I was reading something earlier of her stating that she wouldn't continue if she knew she wasn't capable of doing so. Ideally the timing isn't great, but there is a good chance that Bernie has known himself for a couple of weeks without letting it out.

As for some of these other comments, pretty petty and these so called insiders with 'the real reason/story' are just cowards and want to have a dig at someone over their own bitterness and jealousy among whatever other reasons.

She's committed, she is easily the best PG going around still. Just let her play and stop the nonsense of some of these comments.

Reply #498584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754