Isaac
Years ago

Foul/Off - Dougie vs Baylis

This Saturday night at Wayville, anyone with at least any pretense of organised thuggery is going to be at Wayville for the 8:15 bout between the Eagles and Panthers.

Suiting for the Eagles will be Doug "Dougie" MacDonald-Taylor (the double-barrelled surname aids in quick fouling), one of the leagues quiet thugs. Matching up with Dougie, and representing the Panthers will be Jason "Panther" Baylis, averaging a phenomenal 10.9 fouls per 48 minutes.

Dougie is not in the best of form, averaging only 7 fouls in his last three encounters, but he has the potential. His 5 fouls in 9 minutes of game time on April 30 stands as one of this year's finest fouling marks.

He'll face probably his most difficult opponent yet: Panther is in astounding shape, having only a single game below 4 fouls all season long (and that was a 7 minute effort marred by injury), and would start undoubtedly as the favourite. One need only look to late May and early June to see Baylis' superiority where he managed to foul out in three consecutive games.

Nevertheless, South Adelaide may be distracted by actually trying to win the game, and Dougie could sneak through with a quick personal victory.

Here's the Hoops SA Challenge: first man to foul out is the winner.

You know those numbered cards given out to judges for dunk competitions? I want to see kids at Wayville waving their foul paddles emblazoned with that proud, red 6...

May the best fouls win. (Preferably fouls like this, though I have no idea what happened in that photo!)

Topic #3567 | Report this topic

Moochie Norris  
Years ago

Absolutely brilliant!!

(Mod: Credit for the promo poster idea goes to Panther himself.)

Reply #41474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does the "WINNER" receive?

A rousing rendition of THE GOODBYE SONG by the Crowd....

Na na na na...Na na na na... Hey hey hey.... GOODBYE!

(Mod: I'll give them a link in the sidebar to their stats profile, with the link text of Foul Master.)

Reply #41475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or "dont come back jack", a powerhouse classic

"...and dont come back....no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road jack, and dont come back..."

Reply #41477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do we get if we do bring our number 6 paddle ;)

Reply #41482 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Absolute Gold Isaac (and Panther)

Could we see a 6th foul and then a tech on the way to the showers?

Reply #41488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tech then goes against the coach can we see andy or kelly being ejected?

Reply #41493 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Panther that is gold !! well done Isaac also. Promo's are getting really good pity we are gonna run out of ABL matches soon !! dóh .

Reply #41525 | Report this post

Dougie  
Years ago

Ha Ha, great promotion fellas!

I must admit that I'm definately going into this one as underdog as JB is leading the league in fouls/48min with a whopping 10.9 and also averaging 4.8/game, whilst myself only getting 3.4/game and not anywhere to be seen on the leaders board in the /48min cataglory. I must say that I am definately up against an inform opponent. However, I must add that I have just struck some recent form in a reserves game last night, being fouled out half way through the third quarter , so could be closer than expected.

Unfortunatley, I think it will be unlikely that the two of us will match up on each other, for more than a few minutes anyway, assuming JB will spend a fair bit of his time on the 2 Jasons, and with South possibly showing some zone, whilst I think I will find myself guarding Truck or Steve whilst I am out there. Hopefully we can line up next to each other on some free throw attemps.

Also, adding extra viewing is the addition of Scott Thur, who is having an impressive year averaging 3.7 fouls/game, and my man Woody high on the fouls/48min list with 8.6.

Apart from this it should be a cracker game. South of course trying to cement a place in the finals and also with a possible home final in their sights, whilst us eagles are wanting good form going in to our own finals campaign. Also, with Scanlon and Dix in superb form and with the history of close games between the two teams at Wayville in more recent years(often blow outs at marion but usually very close at the eagles nest), makes for a must see for basketball fans.

Hope to see alot of Forestville and South juniors at the game.

Oh yeah, I'm sure if there are some no 6 paddles out at the game, between us, Panther and I will be happy to buy you a beer(soft drink for the under agers) at the games end.

Reply #41529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll see if I can grab a paddle just for that cold refreshing incentive Dougie :P

Reply #41532 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Memo : Mike Sweeney, Eagles Club

Order in more mops, towels & sponges and Floor Wipers!! The way these guys foul and players hit the floor, it will resemble a swimming pool!

Reply #41556 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Hahaha Classic post Isaac/Panther. Should be a great game.

Reply #41559 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

None of those quick moves though off the free throw Dougie, last time I almost fell over!

Reply #41562 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Cam is top ten in fouls and points per 48 minutes!

If you're reading this Cam, we're off to the Gold Coast next year. Give me a call if you're interested.

Same goes for Northerner and Vidmar.

Reply #41569 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

agreed....this is a classic thread, and is certainly in my top 10 threads of all time.
i think dougie and JB are both great for the league, and play hard but fair.
good luck to you both!!

Reply #41570 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Seeing as I will be in town thsi weekend Ill even be getting along to thsi game!

Make sure Im not dissappointed Panther - I have very high expectations :)

Reply #41580 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Nothing like a bit of self promotion

Reply #41583 | Report this post

Fellas  
Years ago

great post and will be a great game all round.

Reply #41593 | Report this post

Paulo  
Years ago

Cancel the heaters for Wayville on Saturday night!!
There will be enough "heat" on the boards

Reply #41706 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754