new name please
Years ago

Cayla Francis to AIS!

Congrats coming to Francis, off to AIS early August

Topic #3569 | Report this topic

In The Know  
Years ago

Please find your own name.

The announcements for AIS are usually made later in the year. Is there a reason, if true, that the decision has been made earlier this time?

Reply #41499 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Care to reveal your source or informant???? I live in Canberra, and known a few people involved at the AIS and all i got was blank looks when I asked.

In The Know, The Head Coaches of any particular sport reserve the right to offer scholarships at any time throughout the year at the AIS.

Usually people have to apply for a scholarship which are advertised in the last week of July, sometimes people are invited straight up, but it's extremely rare.

Reply #41505 | Report this post

In The Know  
Years ago

Thanks for that, TR. Handy to know.

Reply #41510 | Report this post

Years ago

nah i know for a fact she got asked... after the grand final in perth. she's going end of august! massive congrats!

Reply #41522 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If that's the case, and I'm not at all surprised after performing well in Perth and at a local level. I guess it's a welcome to Canberra, Cayla. I hope you enjoy minus 7 mornings and darkness by 5:00pm and a silly game they call rugby league cause that's all we get over here.

Reply #41523 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Congrats to her. If u r reading this cayla- well done- u deserve it! Make the most of it!

Reply #41526 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Just got back after a week at the Institute. Don't worry about cold mornings - the stadium is heated beyond recognition. No need for warmups!

Reply #41565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Cayla! You deserve it more than anyone else. Can't wait to see your progress and how you go in this seasons WNBL!

Reply #41631 | Report this post

miracles  
Years ago

yer cayla, ur awesome

Reply #41637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TR,

You forgot to mention leading her team to Classic success in Melbourne. That was the only time I've seen her and I can't remember seeing a girl standout like she did in Melbourne. Good Luck to her.

Reply #41647 | Report this post

In The Know  
Years ago

Well done Cayla!! Love seeing SA kids make good.

Reply #41649 | Report this post

simply the best  
Years ago

leaving at the august??? does that mean her team will miss her during finals???

Reply #41653 | Report this post

someone else  
Years ago

By the way was tuning into Talking Hoops on Tuesday, Neil mentioned that Cayla would be a likely candidate for a scholarship. This was on Tuesday, and if she was informed after the champs (on Saturday/Sunday) would this information not be passed on to him immediately? Was Neil not aware, or did he not want to reveal it on the show?

Reply #41654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great effort Cayla! Can't wait to see ur awesome stats in the WNBL! Keep up the great work champ!

Reply #41655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's meant to be kept on the down low thats why neil would have reacted like that. as they havnt finished giving schollarshiops or something along the lines of that. but hay adelaides a small place everyone was bound to fins out soon!! job cayla

Reply #41658 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The stadium at the AIS is warm, but it's the bolt from the carpark or the dorm that hurts.

Actually it's going outside fullstop that hurts. I worked nightshift the other night, and I refused to get out the car, the front of the damn car had ice on it after driving around........

Sh*t.... the fish in Lake Ginniderra wear fur coats it's that bloody cold.

Walking to Belconnen or Tuggeranong Stadium and you'll see frost forming on the top of the backboards and stalagmites (or is that stalactites) of ice from the ceiling, and your ar$e freezes to the seat.

Anonymous your correct, I did forget about the Classics.

Reply #41690 | Report this post

i luv cayla  
Years ago

GO CAYLA! i luv ya. hope you keep playin awesome over at the institute and enjoy yourself, you've been working hard and you deserve it. you know an awesome deserving player who rocks out? thats you ha ha.

dont think she'll play junior finals.

Reply #41728 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

TR will you seriously just get over the cold!! I was at the AIS for 2 years and the cold was nothing.. they give you jackets.. funny about that. So don't worry about it Cayla, you'll be fine mate.

Reply #41925 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

Great job Cayla you deserve it. Have lots of fun over and make the most of EVERYTHING like we no you will.

Reply #42093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754