Matthew
Years ago

Wildcats' stadium prayer room

Not sure if anyone knew but apparently every team in the NBA has one of these. I kinda like it

http://www.wildcats.com.au/article/id/1xadynpsdqfxe1jle9msfmimpu

Topic #35691 | Report this topic

Tyrell  
Years ago

FC Barcelona have one at the top of the players tunnel. I too, like the idea.

Reply #498676 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Wow, I had no idea actually. Seems pretty cool, I hope it is a place where good thoughts prevail. Not religious at all mind you, but nothing against it either...

Reply #498679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The results of the Wildcats trips to USA/NBA of late:

last season = to recruit an American coach = Trevor Gleeson

This preseason = "pray room" and evidently not much else

Reply #498700 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Nah, a lot of the results of that trip have been related to off-court things. In particular game-night entertainment stuff.

Which is helpful when the team time-warps to the worse games of 12/13 season.

Reply #498702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does god only listen to prayers in that room?

Reply #498712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kind of

it's where someone can admit to all the whores they've screwed, the alcohol and drugs abused and match fixing by points shaving without it being blabbed out to anyone

Reply #498713 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, the prayer room is the only result of the trip. They should have used it to network so they could recruit NBA-fringe imports. Can't believe they didn't think of that.

Reply #498721 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Gleeson is an American coach? A Victorian who coached in the States and met his wife there.

Reply #498728 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

It is probably a vehicle to get more high quality imports more than anything.

Over the years a lot of imports i have met have been quite religious.

Little things like that can really influence an import's decision where to play. (Well i suppose in some cases its a big thing rather than a little thing for some players).

Reply #498733 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think you are correct Macdub. Imports seem to be a lot more religious than the general population. Might be an American thing, but might just be basketball. From Adelaide's perspective, some of the previous players we had: Winitaro (sorry about spelling) who was from NZ and a devout Seventh Day Aventist, Troy De Vries, Aaron Bruce just a few from the top of the head. But an over whelming majority of imports have been more religious than the average Aussie.

Reply #498741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes sense as most of the larger successful organisations around the world are opting for an inclusive culture. Next thing will be transgender bathrooms which is what many of these organisations are looking at.

Reply #498751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ haha the topic of transgender toilets was on South Park two weeks ago.

Reply #498810 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How incredibly innropriate. Insensitive and immature are some of these comments. Wildcats have created a positive relationship with several NBA clubs and recruited NBA drafts the past 2 seasons. Those trips are also just as much about operational improvements as they are about player recruiting. For a team that won the championship last year and attracts well over twice or three times the fans of any other team, clearly they've got it right.
And Gleeson lived over there for several years so I'm sure he has basketball contacts to maintain relationships with. That's how we got Ennis was through his mate Mo Mchone who scouts NBA and I believe works with the Spurs.

Reply #498825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find the prayer room has nothing to do with the Wildcats and more to do with Perth Arena. It has become an industry standard in major venues over the past 5 years to start incorporating these rooms into major stadiums

Reply #498828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Gleeson is one of the only Aussie coaches to actually coach in the USA (in CBA league). Got to give him credit for that, he did the hard yards in a foreign country how many local coaches start from there. By the way it would of been tough CBA pay would be a pittance.

Reply #498871 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754