Anonymous
Years ago

New Northern P & C Development Officer SA Country

Yesterday SA Country released details about the selection of Jamie Petty as the new Northern Player and Coach Development Officer joining Michael Rogers as the Southern Officer. Petty replaces Peter Todd in the role which involves the development of associations player and coaches North of Adelaide.

The article can found online:
http://www.sacbc.basketball.net.au/

Topic #35723 | Report this topic

DTAB  
Years ago

Congrats Jamie and congrats Basketball SA on a very intelligent decision! A more passionate and knowledgable basketball person, i do not know!!... Just needs a nicer hair cut and he'll be the complete package!! Well done mate!!

Reply #499218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic appointment - well done SAC !

Reply #499228 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Hope he likes to spend time in his car!!!
With this appointment I assume central's will now be looking for a new U16's coach! Can see a massive conflict of interest if he can keep that gig while being employed by SAC!!

Reply #499262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

baller, if he was coaching elsewhere would it be considered a conflict? There's plenty of examples of high performance coaches coaching elsewhere.

Reply #499266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Baller is alluding to the fact that this role is a full-time, paid role with the state association, whilst he is a volunteer with a club. Most people that take on fulltime, paid roles within the state basketball association are required to relinquish their club roles where a conflict of interest could exist as is the case here.

Will he guide talented country kids in the best interest of the kid - or his club?

Reply #499268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't think of one person keeping their club junior gig when they have taken on a HP role with BSA/SAC. I remember Gliddon filled in for a year with an Eastern Mavs girls team once as they were short, but certainly not fulltime.
I like the guy and reckon he will be brilliant in that role. But as for his Centrals gig, he can't do it - it is a massive conflict of interest.

Reply #499292 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754