Benno
Years ago

Anthony Drmic a chance to get drafted?

ESPN just ranked him the 53rd best player in college basketball for the upcoming season. I honestly reckon he can sneak into the second round come next june.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11779377/2014-college-basketball-player-rankings-59-40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhBdJWvT1sk

#beastmode

Topic #35801 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be in the same spot as Ryan Broekhoff in that will get a few looks, but will probably miss out go to Europe. If he does well there, might get a call up to a team as a 3 and D player.

What he needs to happen:

1) Boise State recruited some bigs this year so hopefully he will go from playing the 4 (undersized) to playing the 3 (his most suited spot). If he can defend 3's, more NBA teams will look at him. Broekhoff having to play the 4 at Valpo hurt him.

2) Drmic was averaging 19.2ppg last year before he got injured, so if he can stay injury free look out. Also - he has a chance to finish his career as Boise State's all time leading scorer, so watch him try and take some games over.

3) If Boise State can make an NCAA run and he has a chance to shine. 2 years ago they made the 68 teams but were out first round. If he can get a couple of wins in the NCAA tournament his profile will rise. Just look at Shabaz Napier this year

Reply #500901 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Another point id love to bring up is Ryan Broekhoff, he is absolutely smashing it in Turkey. I reckon he his not far off being NBA bound. Huge call i know but mark my words his coming!

Reply #500903 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

currently ranked 5th in the league for rebounds with 7.3 a game. Pretty impressive for a 6'7 small forward.

Reply #500905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic is a better one on one defender and is also better at getting to the basket.
Broekhoff is more reliable behind the ark and is a much better rebounder.

Reply #500912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not athletic enough for the NBA, nor strong enough

Reply #500921 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Love to see Anthony get drafted! He will need a big year to get some serious looks.

There is a reason why he got invited to Boomers camp earlier this year. He is a serious talent who can shoot the ball!

I caught up with both Drmic and Hadziomerovic a few month ago - check out the interview...

Drmic and Hadziomerovic: Turning disappointment into success

Broekhoff is killing it with Besiktas in Turkey. He has turned it up another level. He was known for his great rebounding with Valpo and he is doing it again at pro level now.

You can read more about Broekhoff's successes here:

Aussies in Europe

Reply #500959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754