SA District
Years ago

Clubs, Coaches and Responsibility

Ok Title sucks but anyway

A. Do clubs pay coaches in some way or another I understand CABL coaches get the $ but what about a district D7 coach?

B. The theory off the D1 coach overseeing the age group does it actually happen at any club? eg D1 coach gets out to D4-5 training etc

Go

Topic #35834 | Report this topic

Flinders80  
Years ago

Depends which league/state you a referring to and are we talking seniors/juniors.

In SA I would be surprised to hear if any junior coaches (whether it be Div1 to Div5) are paid. However I have heard of players having their fees waived if they coach a junior team. I think this is a good option for players/families to save some money whilst also giving back to younger players and the club. In seniors I would think only the Womens/Mens Senior coach would be paid.

Reply #501627 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Clubs vary from what is offered to coaches generally it is a reduction in sibling fees and the amount varies from club to club.

Div 1 coaches attending lower level sessions again is dependent on club and availability ours oversee skills development sessions but miss midweek due to training time clash. Again this varies from club to club where I have seen some oversee I have seen others only interest in Div 1/2 and do not even assist lower level teams.

Unfortunately there is no one rule on how these things are managed it is all club dependent and can even change year to year.

Reply #501629 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

any GOOD volunteer coach is gold to a club.

My experience is the div 1 coaches should not be titled as "in charge" of that age group - because most are too busy / not in touch / uninterested in lower teams other than div 1 / div 2.

The div 1 coaches usually want to call the shots about selecting the best players, training times and courts but wash their hands of issues with anything lower than D2.

In all fairness to the D1 coach - they are usually too busy to meet the demands of a big numbered age group.

I can assure you a D7 coach does not get paid !

Reply #501643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754