Sweet Shot
Years ago

Big V Div 1 - Who/What/Where is doing what?

So any news on Div 1 Sides out there worth talking about?

Topic #35851 | Report this topic

Sweet Shot  
Years ago

By the Look of things Casey's Xmas came very early with bag of money and players? Certainly wanting to get the championship, but will they?

There are tooooooo many mouths to feed on that team shots wise? Don't get me wrong all the best to them and their club but can they bring it together?

Reply #501842 | Report this post

GetREAL  
Years ago

.. again? Really?

If you want to instigate a communal bitch about Casey and their recruiting habits, or for that matter if you want to instigate ANY discussion on MINDNUMBING petty BigV Div 1 glorified-domestic-competition politics, then THAT THREAD ALREADY EXISTS, and YOU KNOW IT DOES.

Just because you got sad that no one took the bait in the BigV thread (or that someone took it, but didn't bitch enough to satisfy you) doesn't mean that you should start your own thread on such an inane topic.

Reply #501851 | Report this post

Chick I do  
Years ago

Clearly someone who can't get a game in one of the Casey teams.

Stay true to what you do Casey. You are doing great things

#cavsnation

Reply #501872 | Report this post

Sweet Shot  
Years ago

YES, Really?????

How do you expect people not to start asking questions, raising points/issues regarding the team that has actively been promoting their signings (as they should) about their deep roster.

You cant honestly think that no one will say anything.

Also, I wasn't being negative, little tongue and cheek if anything, the roster is more then impressive and no one can deny that.

Questions was simple, will they be a team or wont they??

So no one is taking cheap shots, its a forum, thread about Div 1.

Only Div 1 team out there who actually has gotten them selves organised/signed was Casey, what can we talk about? Casey!

ANY OTHER NEWS OUT THERE??????

Reply #501911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Men or women?

Reply #501955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey will easily win D1

Reply #502045 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Beg to differ!

Reply #502215 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Supercats men and women Div 1 Big V teams will again prove to be very strong next season. Maybe not at the Casey level, but close I reckon... ;]

Reply #502222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive call about Casey winning Div 1.

I personally would like to have seen them win Div 2 and earned the promotion up, but with the team they got I understand why BigV would promote to Div 1.

You can never have enough shooters in a team.

Reply #502233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at Caseys starting front court.
Strong, Hobba, Witherdan. That would be competive in SEABL
J-Mac will be the best 2 guard in that league.

Who will beat them?

Why did they not go to SCM?

Reply #502289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strong Hobba Witherden = Slow!

Reply #502292 | Report this post

dont b haterz  
Years ago

so the baggin continues. im not from the club but ova people havin a crack at casey all the time.

people cant just be happy for clubs tryin to get better.

would you rather casey jus sit on there bums and do nothing.

good luck hope casey take out the championship.

Reply #502323 | Report this post

bball4all  
Years ago

Agree with the above post, good on them for having a crack up a level and trying to improve their senior program. Whether they're successful or not will be a different story!

Heard shepparton have lost their import from last season? Any news from there or mildura regarding their import/s?

Reply #502326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go get em Casey!

#Cavsnation

Reply #502329 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

Shepp haven't lost their import if you ask any of the big rigs here. There is a story going around here that they have but it's untrue according to them. Committee are looking to give him something to do other than shoot hoops during the week so once that's all sorted I would expect to hear an announcement. The issue for them is being sustainable - Casey seem to be going all out and not being privvy to finances I just wonder how sustainable it is. Shepp dont have a huge budget so they'll need to be smart playing with the big boys.

Then again, they apparently won't have a girls side so that could be $20k more in the kitty

Reply #502332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shep womens side are enterred into D2 for next season as per the league structure emailed last week.

Casey will be very decent. obviously would be looking at one of if not the strongest front court in the league.

Baird knows how to coach and has improved them over the last few years.

the back court would be there only question mark at that level, however playing with the new comers will only help those guys get better.

I doubt Baird is going to let them go intot he season under prepped for what is ahead of them.

Reply #502337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baird is easily the best coach in that league

Reply #502348 | Report this post

Yesir  
Years ago

Casey

Reply #502349 | Report this post

Yesir  
Years ago

Going places

Reply #502351 | Report this post

Yesir  
Years ago

#cavsnation
#workedhardtogetthere

Reply #502352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time will tell, hopefully that wallet is fat and remains full.

Reply #502354 | Report this post

Sweet Shot  
Years ago

Looking back at last season, the top two teams were Southern Pen and winners La Trobe.

They are a Team, especially Southern Pen, with no big name singings they got their stuff together and took teams apart, Team like Mildura were stacked with imports and really done nothing except those individuals to individual trophy's home.

La Trobe had one import and went that one step further. Jordan didn't try to do to much and played his role and team won.

If you ask me, to many "BIG" names is to many "BIG" problems, but time will tell.

Reply #502370 | Report this post

Sweet Shot  
Years ago

Any other news, other then Casey??

Reply #502371 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Is Casey the new Melton for Hoops this summer ? Talking up championships in November..
#bredlife ?
#cavsnation ?

Good enough for Seabl even ?

Too funny. Each year it is some random unknown vbl team.
It is definitely entertaining however.
Maybe it's the same guy that joins a new club each year hHaha

Mystery

Reply #502447 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

Annon... Yes, they may be entered but you have to have the cattle! Uni, moments, whisper of MVP to Coburg.. Won't surprise us locals if they pull the pin on the girls

Reply #502643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they pull out again after only just coming back in then it will be a long time before the BIG V lets them back in again.

Reply #502645 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754