NBLG
Years ago

Andrew Gaze on SEN radio this morning

Been told a few times today that Andrew Gaze spoke about Melbourne's NBL and WNBL teams this morning on his 'Morning Glory' show on SEN radio.

Did anyone happen to have heard it and give a quick rundown as to what was said? Would be interested in knowing what his thoughts were regarding all of this.

Cheers.

Topic #35864 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to their website and you can listen to all the past shows including morning glory.

Reply #502145 | Report this post

NBLG  
Years ago

Do you have a link mate, I was looking on the 'audio' page and all I found was a couple of the interview snippets they had from this morning's show. Thanks.

Reply #502147 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Apparently a bid for the Melbourne Tigers is being prepared to enter the NBL and WNBL.

Reply #502161 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

here is the article about it
http://m.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/basketball/melbourne-tigers-iconic-brand-could-be-revived-if-second-nbl-team-is-introduced-in-city/story-e6frf3f3-1227118750218

Reply #502162 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

"It can be revealed a consortium has been formed with a long-term view to resurrect the Tigers to rival the rebranded Melbourne United in the NBL."

Lets not too excited then.

Reply #502165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My question would be, has that ship sailed and are they better to go with a new brand now?

Reply #502167 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Won't have to worry,United will fold when they miss the finals.Tigers can walk straight back in.

Reply #502170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look at the tigers Big V results and then please tell me how the hell they will compete at SEABL !!!!

Reply #502234 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

As if United will fold. They have some of the deepest pockets in the league.

Reply #502237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be interested to know who owns the "Melbourne Tigers" brand...

When Seamus gave up control of the license, did he give up control of the Tigers brand? I think Slepoy and Kestleman own the branding - hence that god awful logo last season...

There was always an agreement as far back as Lindsay that the Melbourne Tigers allowed the Tigers juniors to operate as "Melbourne Tigers".

It was never really one club - in name only despite what people say.

Reply #502244 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Make the Tigers Big V team SEABL standard....

2 imports $30-40k each, 3 locals $10k each, move their starters from last season to be the bench 5 and you're done.

Part of their plan is to progress to the highest level, everything will be done gradually.

Reply #502246 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

i look at them saying wnbl look i think we got enough with 2 melb teams and bendigo in victoria at the moment

Reply #502248 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"As if .... will fold. They have some of the deepest pockets in the league."

You're obviously new to this league!

Reply #502250 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

@Paul what about the owners who recently Dodo and have been spending huge amounts of money on game entertainment and promotion?

Reply #502281 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If the Tigers cannot get their SEABL bid off the ground for next year it shows they have absolutely zero chance of relaunching at an NBL level. Saw a Tigers Big V game at MSAC this year and its safe to say it was played in front of about 15 people. Will the Tigers diehards really get behind the team in SEABL?

Reply #502293 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

I don't believe their is any current applications to the SEABL for any new teams.

Reply #502310 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Melbourne United still own the Tigers name it seems.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/more-sports/melbourne-united-says-it-still-owns-rights-to-melbourne-tigers-name/story-fnibbyyv-1227119975752

Reply #502312 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze discussing Melbourne Tigers entering a team in SEABL: http://www.sen.com.au/news/gaze-tigers-nbl-return-years-away

Reply #502314 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

They are more than 5 players away from even being competitive in SEABL.

REally none of there roster from last year are at SEABL level.

They'd need to imports (That are good!) Then 4-5 local players who can contribute at SEABL level not just a few guys from Big V chasing cash.

They'd need to look at getting a couple of guys from say Dandy, Nunawading plus add in a fringe NBL players or two.

They'd need to spend upwards of $80K and not sure SEABL are goin to accept a team that can hardly win a game in the Big V

Reply #502316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the way Andrew Maher speaks to Gaze on their breakfast show? He is disrespectful and interrupts all the time, criticises and is judgmental, how long before they come to blows.?

Reply #502317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Five SEABL level players, including two good imports, would make them a SEABL level team, no doubt.

Reply #502319 | Report this post

Onlooker  
Years ago

Nobody is talking about all the knox players that look out of a job right now.

grab a few of them, few big v guys and a couple of imports. Enough to start building a SEABL program. As long as the backing is there why not?

But they sure as hell can't play at Oakleigh! MSAC would be the most suitable venue for them.

Reply #502343 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"@Paul what about the owners who recently Dodo and have been spending huge amounts of money on game entertainment and promotion?"

Like I said, you sound new to the league. History tells us money now is no promise for the future.

Reply #502345 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Could Melbourne Tigers survive in SEABL without the backing of a local association?

Reply #502358 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You don't think they'd have backing?

Reply #502362 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754