NBLG
Years ago

NBL MVP Race

Know lots of interest in thrown around regarding the NBL MVP.

Would love to hear your thoughts 5 rounds in. Know the coaches get 10 votes at the conclusion of each game to vote for the season MVP, however here's a quick link (guide) for a 3-2-1 voting system.

Thoughts:
http://pickandroll.com.au/teampnr-nbl-mvp-201415-voting-rounds-1-5/

Topic #35866 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Can you please use your name and clearly mark this as your site that you are pushing on here?

Reply #502195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should change the name of the site to Pimp and Roll.

Reply #502200 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

Back on topic....

MVP favourites would have to be:-
Brendan Teys
Adam Gibson
Mitch Creek
Tom Daly
Anthony Petrie
Luke Schenscher
and
Jamar Wilson

No one else comes even close.

:P

Reply #502226 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Definitely no Wildcats in contention for this one. No stand-out for us so far this season.

Reply #502227 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

this ones Wilbekins imo.

Reply #502231 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

If a player is suspended are they still eligible to win?
Might sound silly but I will ask anyway.
Childress and Wilbiken leading so far.

Reply #502235 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I think Wilbekin will win but the best player in the league by a country mile is Childress in my opinion, the guy is wow at both ends and has sweet handles for a giant.

Reply #502236 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The 3 likely candidates are Wilbekin, Childress and Jackson. I will be very surprised if one of them doesn't win.

Mcrae puts up volume points, so he stands an outside chance. As do Gibbo and Wortho after their strong starts to the season.

Reply #502238 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the leaders early on would be (in no particular order) Wilbekin, Jackson, Worthington, Gibson and Childress, with Conklin and Beal possibly not too far behind.

Reply #502252 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Really depends on where their teams finish. You'd think Conklin, Wortho and Childress would all be out of the running considering their team's performance and likelihood of making the playoffs.

Reply #502286 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Brian Wethers and Rotnei Clarke have won it from teams who have a losing record (15-17 and 13-15). So if the Kings can win 12 games or there abouts, Childress is my favourite. If they can't, then he's still an outside chance.

Reply #502288 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I'd say Childress at the moment as Sydney don't have any other players consistently stepping up. I'm very impressed with the Aussies Wortho and Gibson this season though, nice to see the local talent standing up to be counted.

Reply #502304 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

LV is right, being on a mid-level team sometimes helps, although for all the bagging of the system most MVPs come from one of the best teams.

Looking at the ladder though, there is one game between Cairns and NZ in second, and then 2.5 games between them and Melbourne in seventh, so it's a bit early to be counting teams out, with the possible exception of Wollongong, but theyve recovered from bad starts before.

Reply #502307 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

most likely childress will win the race
lesser players should not be allowed to manhandle the stars. no, not even in perth.

Reply #502414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you high?

Reply #502415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is permanently high just look at his post history

Reply #502430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is more than permanently high.

Reply #502437 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The scouting has caught up with Wilbekin in recent weeks, now we find out how good he is. The really good players evolve through the defensive changes, finding new ways to be effective which then open up their preferred options again.

Reply #502451 | Report this post

Jordy  
Years ago

Jackson, Wilbekin and Childress all in contention. Childress probably ahead because the coaches vote and he never take him off

Reply #503305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754