crusty
Years ago

Bestest nbl announcer

In my opinnion, the fairest, most interesting, most unbiast, NBL announcer is: Casey Frank. We realy enjoy listening to Him!!

We know who is the least liked announcer but who would be better than Casey?

Topic #35891 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many, and Frank real grinds my gears, sounds so awkwardly dopey. One of the biggest issues the NBL has with getting themselves established with NBL TV etc is the poor commentary teams.

Reply #502677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm going to come out and just say that the best announcers aren't even in the NBL. Doesn't matter if we're talking TV, Courtside, Boundary or just an on court MC.. It's all driven by who they know. I know a lot of people who would do a cheaper, better job.

Like mum always used to say. It's not what you know, it's who you know!

Reply #502679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Casey Frank.

My fav nbl.tv team are the Cairns team (Matt Smyth and Kingy).

Reply #502684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's the clear worst? I don't think I like any of them.

Reply #502692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carfino has improved this year although Bill Woods is done. Rosen has great passion and knowledge and Woods isn't needed.

Reply #502694 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Wayne for the Tigers. Terrible. Sorry shithouse.

Reply #502696 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Carfino is a spud

Reply #502702 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Tab Baldwin by far. Pity he rarely gets a gig. Matt Smith from Cairns also does a decent job.

Reply #502703 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Rosen has passion but clearly doesn't watch any NBL games other than the ones he commentates in. Carfino still found some reason to bring up Cadee's name in tonight's match.

Reply #502704 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

I like Frank and Mulligan for NZ.

Townsville's Calvin and Trevor Roberts duo are just outrageously bad. Worst in the league by a mile.

Bill Woods seems to try to sound excited and often does it at the wrong times. Carfino, meh.

Lachy Reid can be a little annoying but I don't really have anything against him doing games.

What really gets me though is when it is painfully obvious that some guys only watch one or two games a week. They talk about the last time they saw the player play (usually the last TV game) and it's clear they don't watch enough to make a decent comment on a guy.

Reply #502724 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I like the NZ commentary team of Mulls & Frank, Baldwin & Mulls was great last season when Frank was playing also.

Reply #502726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tony Ronaldson!

Reply #502774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a joke btw as Ten have moved him along.

In all honesty Rupert Sapwell does a good job on 36ers home games.

Reply #502776 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Carfino and Woods teaming up is like a throwback to 15-20 years ago (Ten showed a lot of Kings games back then too.....). I'll admit Carfino has actually improved a bit this season.....though I'm still no closer to knowing what a 'Euro-step' is.

Brett Maher is ok and should be used more than for just 36ers home games, and that's not just my Adelaide bias showing through.

Lachie Reid is probably the best Aussie caller right now which is why they've got him doing more than just calling Perth games, while Casey Frank is probably his Kiwi TV counterpart.

Reply #502786 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Another vote for Tab Baldwin. He adds to the game while most others detract from it. Carfino might have picked up his act a little but he is still painful to listen to; Reid still things he's a courtside announcer; Woods is a hack.and Rosen is Captain Obvious with a bad case of verbal diarrhea. Maher is OK and as somebody else noted, the guy from Cairns is Decent as well but the Kiwis are probably the best.

Reply #502844 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tab Baldwin is clearly the best special comments guy, while Casey Frank is also good. John Casey is the best play-by-play (get him on board!), while Andrew Mulligan does a good job.

Lachy Reid gets a big tick for enthusiasm but does lack a bit of knowledge, Bill Woods was terrible early in the year but has at least done some research in recent weeks and is OK now, while Carfino is a solid special comments man but the worst play-by-play.

I too like Tom King and Matt Smith on NBL.TV, the other Tom in Adelaide does his best but just isn't up to it, while Andrew Johnstone in Melbourne is a great special comments man but not well-suited to play-by-play.

Hopefully next year the league really pays attention to the commentary teams it puts together.

Reply #502861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I liked Dennis Commetti when he used to call basketball games back in the old days (was it only Wildcats games?)

Reply #502986 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Anonymous: Yeah, Commetti did call Ball games back in the 80's.

Reply #503005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754