gavmiester
Years ago

Cam Bairstow gets his first start today

Bulls trying to manage with injuries to Noah and Gibson.
Not expecting much, but nice to see him get some minutes after being a cheerleader this season.

Topic #35981 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Great news :)

Reply #504247 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

He definitely isn't setting the world alight, but good on him for getting the opportunity nonetheless.

Reply #504248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first FG too! Gotta start somewhere

Reply #504250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a nice start from which to grow.

So... Yeast Mode?

Reply #504264 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^Love it

Reply #504265 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Well done Cam!

Reply #504276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah a -13 isn't flattering but not having watched the game can't comment on how he went. Stats don't always indicate how hard he tried or what his team mates were doing too!

Reply #504303 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

He appeared to play the role that the coaches would have wanted. Didn't get yanked in and out by Thibs, so must have doing ok according to the coaches.

Set good screens and took open shots (not many).
He had a tough ask trying to guard Faried, did ok considering the athleticism miss-match.

Hopefully he gets more opportunities against backup bigs in future games.
That is his level at the moment, not All-Star level PFs.

Reply #504321 | Report this post

Slammin'08  
Years ago

Cam did ok. The commentators were talking about his hustle in the 3rd quarter. He does still look like a fish out of water the way he flops his arms arounds and everytime he sets a screen I think he is going to be called for offensive fouls.

I was disappointed in him not getting any 4th quarter minutes, I think Thibs played to much small ball! I was surprised he got the start over the Vet Nazr so he must be doing something right in training.

Reply #504323 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

They didn't want Gasol to have to guard Faried.
So Nazr would not have helped.
I assume they wanted to keep Mirotic in the 6th man role and Faried is too powerful for Dunleavy, McDermott and Snell to guard.

Reply #504326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754