Ryan
Years ago

Sixers' Roster

Hello all,

So, with the season six weeks away it seems we are still a couple of guys short of a full team. At present (as is my understanding) the following players are contracted:

Maher
Farley
Holmes
Rychart
Cooper
Forman
Nash
Hill
Rees

So there is still one roster spot, plus the development spots to be named. My question is: when is this going to happen?

What has happened on the Paul Rogers front? I plan to be at the Dome on September 3 but I'd would like to know exactly who is going to comprise this year's team sometime prior to looking at the scoreboard by the front doors on opening night.

Does anyone know anything concrete about the last couple of spots?

Topic #3603 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If Rogers doesn't come through, I think that the final position and/or development spots may be decided by some sort of trials? The guys head to Port Lincoln again this year (I think) which is where they're likely to assess players.

I think you could safely assume that most of them will be pulled from the ABL/Academy roster(s) with, potentially, a few extras from elsewhere.

So, all in all, nothing concrete yet!

Reply #41849 | Report this post

zombie  
Years ago

yay sixers

Reply #41857 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Geez, if Rogers signs as well, the 36ers will go from too small to maybe too tall?

I cant see any 2 of either Rogers/Rees/Cooper on the court at the same time, especially with Adelaide up tempo offence.

But, if I was the caoch, Id take any day of the week!

Reply #41862 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Imagine

C Rogers
PF Coop
SR Dusty
SG Oscar
PG Brett.

Serious inside / outside game right there!!!

Reply #41869 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Kent, do you think Oscar/Coops would really start before Holmes/Farley.

Not my team.....

Reply #41870 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

rogers, rychart, forman, farley, maher would be a good mixture

cooper, rees, nash, holmes and hill off the bench, thats tough

Reply #41873 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he was suggesting it as a tall team. In which case you'd make Holmes the SG and Forman the SF. Hill or Farley instead of Maher too?

Reply #41874 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754