shayno
Years ago

Bring your own ball to competition or no game???

I attend a domestic competition in Victoria which shall go unnamed but to play in this competition you had to supply your own ball! so if no one from both teams didn't have a ball you couldn't play.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen and just wonder if any other competitions do this. by the way Team rego is $150

Topic #36031 | Report this topic

m  
Years ago

Same here in a comp in QLD, also about 130 rego. Don't really see the issue though as both teams usually have a couple of balls to warm up with.

Reply #505180 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

what a load of S***!!

Reply #505182 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

We usually bring our own ball to but this is a organization that plays in the Big V?

They told us our fees don't cover the game balls, damn how much is molten charging these days?

Reply #505184 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

What's the problem. Across the whole country in amateur football (AFL) who do you think supplies the footies?
The league..... No it's the clubs and players. At A grade level it's virtually a new footy every game at over $100 each. Each team supplies a ball which get swapped at half time.

Reply #505200 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

All domestic comps at my association require one team or the other to supply a game ball. I've seen some terribly scrappy balls used.

Reply #505208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A ball being used a court for domestic basketball should last at least 22 months, even if used each weeknight for 4 games a night. No doubt clubs should provide them!

Reply #505222 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Sounds like MSAC comp. Pretty slack from them if you ask me but then again we always have a ball so it doesn't really worry me too much.

Reply #505223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hired a ball once at MSAC and it came out of lost property. Hopefully things have changed since then.

Reply #505224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball SA District providing TF1000 after the deal was done with spalding and the TF500's being below standard

Reply #505232 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

My rec centre charges $80 rego and $62 a game per team.

They supply a new balls every season. Balls get used on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday night competitions.

The balls they use are usually decent quality, but teams like to bring their own as well.

Reply #505252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754