Matthew
Years ago

R9: Wildcats vs Hawks

Tonight seems a battle in the Jungle between 2 teams in different ends of the table. The Perth Wildcats are fresh from a win over the Taipans and after blistering first quarter last week will want to be making suret they lay the boot into the Hawks while they are done.

The Wollongong Hawks go into this contest also coming off a win which they desperately need more off. Tim Coenraad had a blinder of a game, but the Hawks are also having issues having probably one too many PGs in the team. Still they showed last week that when they fire up, they bring the game. Lets hope this week so far from the Sandpit, that they dont get lost in the jungle, find some quicksand and get sucked down.

Sidenote: Tim Coenraad has never won a game in Perth. Ever. Like in 6 years.

Topic #36038 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No reason to think that trend won't continue.

I'd be surprised if the Hawks lose by less than 15.

Reply #505268 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Got to win, that is if they want to finish on top. Got to keep in touch with NZ, next Week will be a great game, When hire is back then they can get the game plan down packed.

Nz have improved heaps with Jackson but they are not a good as the team that had that three peat. Boucher and cj, was a great combo and if carter and say te rangi go cold, that will others to step up heaps. Still can not see other than a Perth v Nz just a matter about hca.

Reply #505269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to the news last night, Perth has won its last 19 home games vs the Hawks.

Reply #505271 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Has been a long time since the hawks got a win in perth I don't see that changing this year

Reply #505272 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

seems this is the tv game, although i seen it before

Reply #505273 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Looks like Carson is out for the Hawks

Reply #505285 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

I fear this could be a flogging of biblical proportions. A 30+ blowout wouldn't surprise me.

Reply #505290 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

Slightly off topic. But what would happen to Ten if this Foxtel takeover is successful. In regards to news, sport and programming

Reply #505291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so whats the pick?

Reply #505295 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Perth are at $1.06, Hawks $9.50. Line is 14.5 points

Reply #505297 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Perth to cover the line and win by 15+

Reply #505299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just heard an interview with Ervin and got some new found respect for him.

Reply #505303 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Bet365 had both teams at even odds FFS.!!!

Reply #505304 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Can't see how Perth will not win this one easily. Should be a 12p+ win.

Preview: Perth to run wild in Western romp of Hawks

Reply #505309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if you know how to read beting odds Harry Hackrein

Reply #505329 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Trust me I do. I bet on most NBL games. Do you?
Did you actually look on the Bet365 website before the game started? Or like so many anonymous' just don't respond when you realise you made an error.
Maybe you looked on another betting site.

Reply #505351 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I'm sorry but the refs continue to let Martin get away with murder on the defensive end.

I do believe they have bought into the "Martin factor" - i.e. Its Damian Martin so it wasn't a foul etc.

Reply #505352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For Harry ;

http://www.oddsportal.com/basketball/australia/nbl/perth-wollongong-pthM7uMf/#home-away;1

Perth opened at $1.06 and didn't move with bet 365.

The line was -14.5

If you took Perth to win at $1.90 its likely the bet would have been cancelled as its an obvious error and arbitrage opportunity by backing Wollongong as well with zero risk.

Reply #505359 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

I can assure you I looked at the odds and it was even money. I laughed. I guess you looked at that site after the event, not prior to what I saw on the bet365 website where I have an account along with about numerous others.
No way of proving it.Sorry. That's what I saw.
Maybe I can call a former NBL player who works there now ;)

Reply #505373 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

MACDUB - you realise calling fouls on Martin would be like no-balling Muralitharan? That definitely didn't turn out well for the umpire concerned. Coincidentally, he played for a highly influential team within the sport concerned.

Reply #505375 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Complete humiliation for the Hawks, 20 points in the second half is just shocking.

Reply #505376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Harry won this one as he has assured us that what he saw was correct and no way the proof via the odds comparison site that scrapes the data could be correct.

Yep call Graeme Dann if you want. I'm sure he will tell you that they were offering even money on a team where the favourite was an average price of $1.05. Sounds right.

Reply #505378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice second half Hawks LOL

Reply #505381 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Still Harry is a internet moron, so its all good in the hood.

Reply #505382 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

First half of the first quarter. Ughhhh....

Also, some of the inane ways Perth contrived to waste points all over the shop just frustrated the hell out of me.

Reply #505383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the ways the refs contrived to rob the Hawks of points and possessions frustrated the hell out of me. It's not like the Wildcats needed the extra boost.
When are we going to see a well reffed game at Perth Arena? This decade??

Reply #505384 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

People who want to be able to talk about refs probably shouldn't throw up that many freaking air balls or layups into the underside of the ring. Even I was cringing after the first four.

Reply #505386 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Recap: 'Cats break Hawks, cruise to victory

The Hawks refused to go quietly but were eventually steamrolled by the much stronger home team as the result began to resemble the' top versus bottom’ reality.

Reply #505394 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Internet moron, I can live with that Kobe. However I am still a genius compared to yourself.
BTW obviously I was wrong and admit it.Happy to apologise too.

Reply #505398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wollongong played a lot better than they have been even though the score doesn't reflect that.

Reply #505402 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Martin started off REALLY well, and then sorta faded out.

Reply #505409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBLfacts ‏@nblfacts · 8 minutes ago
Last night @PerthWildcats were called for just 11 fouls which equals the franchise record low in all of their 1040 matches played.

Reply #505451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's probably where they missed Carson's influence attacking the rim. You don't foul when people are just air balling from deep. And Ervin has been getting fewer free throws this year as a whole.

Reply #505459 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Amazing especially considering Redhage had 2 fouls in the first minute.

Reply #505462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More than half of the Hawks FGA came from long range.

Reply #505483 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think that was one of the more boring NBL games I've watched, especially after the entertaining Adelaide v Crocs game.

Reply #505484 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754