Melbourne Boy
Years ago

NBL Imports vs Aussies - Who Wins?

Aussie's have always done well when matched up against the imports in All Star games, but this is the best import crop since the 90's. My teams below, imports get this one IMO.

IMPORTS ROSTER

Gladness/Ibekwe
Childress/Conklin
McRae/Daniels
Beal/Wilson
Jackson/Wilbekin

AUSSIE ROSTER

Knight/Kickert
Motum/Loughton
Wortho/Blanchfeild
Madgen/Gliddon
Gibson/Martin

Topic #36049 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussies second unit too weak, Imports easy

Reply #505721 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Aussies based on the fact that the imports wouldn't give a toss

Reply #505753 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Depends on who's reffing? The aussies have a pretty flaccid line up and could flop their way to a victory

Reply #505756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are we kidding, imports by 20+

Reply #505761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum isnt that good - he's even coming off the bench for his own team! The way Gibbo is playing he'd be lucky to make the squad as well.

If you're going with the OP's rosters then imports by a country mile!

Reply #505767 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If you make it locals v imports (ie include Kiwis) then I think it would be a great game.
IMPORTS ROSTER

Gladness/Ibekwe
Childress/Conklin
McRae/Daniels
Beal/Wilson
Jackson/Wilbekin

LOCAL ROSTER

Knight/Kickert
Vukona/Wortho
Abercrombie/Blanchfield
Webster/Markovic
Gibson/Martin

If it were an all-star game I'd include Craig, Perry, Walker and Steindl for some highlight plays.

Reply #505772 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Import second unit is better than locals 1st unit.

Reply #505776 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I reckon those second units are very even.

Reply #505779 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Imports would win easy. And because of that, it is a game that should never happen. lol.

Reply #505800 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Imports easily.
Would rather see North v South.

Reply #505801 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Is Knight really the best local big man? I'd take Jervis over him.

Reply #505815 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Although I also think the imports would be hard to stop, it would be worth watching to be honest...

Reply #505816 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I get the feeling Motum (and at present Gibbo) are in the OP's selection on reputation rather than form.

Don't get me wrong, I've no doubt Brock is a good player. You don't get a Boomers spot or an NBA contract (however fleeting) if you can't play. But we're not seeing anywhere near what his best is supposed to be (and if what we're seeing is his best.....come home DJ).

And as Aussie guards go, Boomer or not Gibbo is not in any sort of form that would warrant selection. As a guard he's currently being shown up by his own team mate Brendan Teys.

From this season's form I think an NBL import 'All-Star Team' would beat the NBL based Aussies.

Reply #505863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Offense VS defense. Individual Vs Team.
Sort of person that gets themselves videod every game to make highlight films on Youtube or shoots every offense to impress the state coach vs the sort of person who is first back in D and takes charges.

I think it would be a very interesting game to watch

Reply #505876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754