Terrible music at the Centrals game

Ok you're trying to warm up right, and instead of undisputed b-ball classics like 'Final Countdown', 'Jock Jams' and Steely Dan's 'Reeling in the Years' you get gangster (c)rap and techno bulldust! You can't warm up with that! I know it's Centrals but come on! Pump some AC/DC and that song that goes 'I like to move it move it' please!

Topic #3607 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

easy gorilla.its the PC thug end of town.

Reply #41888 | Report this post

yeah probably

Reply #41889 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

u need bball old school music.'reeling in the years'is a 80s classic.its what got larry nird hitting all of his clutch game shots

Reply #41891 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

As if the music is bad, maybe not your taste but "rap and techno bulldust" at that bad it's got a good beat and get you going.

Reply #41896 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Yeah I happen to like the Music .... And i Happen to kno some of the centrals players have helped pick the warm up music
So clearly centrals Dont want to warm To some " Old school " jock Jams or ACDC .... The Mc and music at centrals is better then any other Stadium In the League the Mc managers to get the crowd into and it and just dosent call out Names ... And actullay looks like he wants to be there ..

Reply #41900 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

who wants to listen to PC thug gangsta rap.

ok fair enough 80's rap but not this 2003 gangsta stuff.

same boring repetetive beat, puts you to sleep

Reply #41901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an ABA player who doesnt play for centrals...

I think that they do play the best music in the league.

Reply #41906 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

damn whats wrong with everyone, pc thugs have taken over bball

Reply #41908 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Really were Not going to please everyone with the Music centrals have gone with a diffrent style to the Norm ...The players like the style ... So id say that a major plus... Id Be intrested to kno how Old this Eastern Gorilla is ??

Reply #41909 | Report this post

@ (#41900)

The Mc and music at centrals is better then any other Stadium In the League

That is probably the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen on the internet, ever. And I read all of cheezeburger's posts. That bullcrap gangster (c)rap does NOT get you pumped up. I also don't appreciate getting bombarded with 'f***s', 's***s' and 'n*****s' every 4 seconds. Nah, starplex is really the worst and i don't ever want to play or be there again until they get some good music

Reply #41910 | Report this post

btw I'm 19.

Reply #41911 | Report this post

A major plus you say?!?!?! That's why Centrals got pumped by 40 last night! Hah! And that was even when the bench hacks came on in the last quarter!

Reply #41912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

okay, so ELG is 19, how old are you The Truth? and Undersized pf?

Reply #41913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals and Westies have the right idea... Dale, you make a good dj...

Best actual announcer would go to the Tigers. Sharon Browne's younger son - way to go.

Reply #41914 | Report this post

Hey, the Centrals guy is great. But I don't like the music.

Reply #41915 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Yes, must say i think Young Mr Brown does a superb job. i havent heard the "senals" (wespect to Max Basheer) MC yet, but Browny does a fair job.

Reply #41916 | Report this post

The Godfather  
Years ago

Not many people like your hair cut Eastern Lowland Gorilla but you don't see many people bagging your choice in hair style. If the centrals guys like to warm up gangstar rap thats fine, if they like to warm up to britney and kylie thats fine too. Its their choice and there home ground, they can play what ever they like.

The only thing I will say is that you need to make the choice based on age of audience. If you have lots of u12 and u14s in the stadium I wouldn't think F*$k the Police is your best song to play. For example playing slipknot at pasadena games. Will say one thing that the two best commentators would have to be Centrals and Southern

Reply #41918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeap must say the Centrals guy does do a good job and so does Browny. Keep up the good work guys and Southern keep that great food coming!

Reply #41929 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Gorilla .... Who wants to hear Music which has been Done to death in every other Stadium... The music is chosen by the players... And if you noticed Centrals Probally dose have Younger Crowd then the Average... I really dont think this crowd would get into the game If ACDC was playing .... It seems quite clear u dont like Rap.... Which is your Own Choice...Not everyone likes What ever Music you may be Intrested in ... There is always going to be disagreements on music..Also if you are a woodville Fan .. i happen to think the dome has the worse atmosphere in the league The commentator strugles to get the crowd Into the game ... maybe because the stadium is so large... Centrals could become like South and just have the same 5 Old school songs on repeat ... its inpossible to please everyone...

Reply #41935 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

Simple you cant please all the people all of the time...

Reply #41953 | Report this post

Lots of people think my haircut is excellent, The Godfather. Perhaps you are talking to the wrong people?

And yeah fine, play the music up at Starplex. I only go there once a year anyway. Next time I go i'll bring my earplugs!

Reply #41974 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Take your i-pod and play all the Kylie and Delta you want........

Reply #41976 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

It all comes down to personal choice. Music is one of those things that no two people with ever like identical music, so ELG your type of music is obviously completely different to the Starplex crowd's music choice. Maybe when they go to your stadium they think your music blows, but they don't bitch and moan about it. We all have to live with stuff we don't like, it's what makes the world go round.

Reply #41977 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

Reply #41982 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

btw im 18

There is no room for gangsta rap in basketball. It should be leaft to those And 1 characters.

IF you wanna play rap why not some 80's stuff e.g. Run DMC atleast you can get into that stuff.

The rap on mid 90's NBA tapes thats alrite.

All this shows is that here in Australia were trying to turn th game into American style.

Reply #41985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just wished he wouldn't play it that loud during the game that the officials can't hear the siren at the end of the quarter

the siren out there is not the loudest at the best of times let alone being drowned out by music

Reply #41986 | Report this post

We should have death metal at the games, now that stuff gets you pumped up! It gets you so pumped up Undersized Pf might even be able to touch the net in warmups!

Reply #41987 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

ELG maybe a bit of classic rock, that could pump you up and unltimatley get your ass up and down the floor.

Reply #41990 | Report this post

Talk to me when you beat me in the post, Undersized pf! A bit of Mithras or Decapitated might help your cause!

Reply #41991 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

talk to me when your score on me in the post ELG.

How about a bit of Cream and Led Zeppelin

Reply #41992 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

One word: Variety.

Play music that the Centrals boys like - surely not every one of them like that music though.

I didn't like what they were playing (but personally I thought the music was worse in the girls match) and I'm sure lots of people didn't either - but if they played some other types of music surely everyone could be satisfied.

Maybe not death metal though, ELG...

Reply #42027 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

*other types of music as well

Reply #42028 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

*other types of music as well

Reply #42029 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

"A major plus you say?!?!?! That's why Centrals got pumped by 40 last night! Hah!"

That's true they did get pumped by 40, but I don't think it was because of the music. It probably had something to do with the fact that centrals had two of there best three players out.

Reply #42060 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

i was just wondering how many players actually want to warm up to all that old school crap. that's why i hated going to sixer games for a while. if you want to listen to all that, go play all your old nba videos. i gotta admit some of the songs weren't right to warm up to and i listen to hip hop. but why do we always have to listen to old stuff for it's boring now. go to timewarp if you wanna hear it.

Reply #42091 | Report this post

You idiot  
Years ago

ELG, get over yourself, you play 1 game and your worrying about the warm up music? That's why it's called a HOME COURT, because you can play whatever music you want. Tell your captain rap is crap, or even Gary B, and see what they say.
It might not get YOU pumped up, but it would get the majority of players hyped. Why don't you recommend your Megadeath shit to your team mates at the dome? I can really see them agreeing to that.

Reply #42099 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

good music doesnt die, it will always be good. The fact is with this mainstream gangsta rap, it struggles and thats why its not good to play it.

Rasheed36 if your into hip hop why dont u honor where your music comes from e,g Run DMC and 90's NBA gear, gain some knowledge

Reply #42102 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Allan Browne for Prime Minister. The man is worth 6 points a game down at the Cage.
The Tiger boys also have the best warm-up tunes goin around. Has a bit of everything.
They also have the best post-game spreads in the entire ABL. Yiros... simply superb.

Reply #42104 | Report this post

You idiot  
Years ago

UPF, get with it, we're not stuck in a time zone, artists are allowed to release new tracks that could be used as warm up music.

You said "All this shows is that here in Australia were trying to turn the game into American style."

The game is American you clown, and like it or not Australia is more Americanised than you think. If we cut out all the American music what Aussie tracks do you want to hear? A bit of Jimmy, maybe some Kylie or Delta?

Reply #42106 | Report this post

You spelt Megadeth wrong. And it's not shit, Rust in Peace is generally considered one of metal's finest albums. Please know what you're talking about before getting so angry.

Reply #42107 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

Well idiot,
If u dont see the difference between aussise bball and american bball your lost. why are we conforming to what americans do.
and all the songs ive suggested our from american or english bands, so your whole post is just void.

what? use eminem whose, lyrics are filled with racial slures and terrible language.

the music should appeal to all segments of the audience.

I dont think old grannys want to be bombarded with stories of the ghetto

Reply #42109 | Report this post

You idiot  
Years ago

UPF, how many grannies do you see at ABL games compared to younger people, and if a Granny can make out what some of the lyrics are then good luck to them.

It seemed there were a few people at the game on Saturday and I don't think anyone would have left because of the music. Any stadium can play whatever music they want, and if someone doesn't go to a game cos of the music that is played, then that's their loss, cos the game will still be played.

If you don't like the Americanisms of the game, don't play it. Don't watch NBA tapes / DVD's and then try their moves, don't talk about the NBA, cos if you don't like Americanisms, you wouldn't like that either, or college ball. Ring up Liam Flynn and tell him how crap you think the American spectacle is and see what his response is.

ELG, get back to me on what your captain and Gary B think of rap, along with a lot of other good ballers. I will be interested to hear the music at the dome next season with your influence.

Reply #42110 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Generally, basketball is a family thing. I don't agree with little kids listening to, as UPF outlined above, "lyrics filled with racial slures and terrible language". Now you'll say, kids don't understand it, or don't bring the kids, or leave if you don't like the music, but after all, kids are the future of ABL and they should be encouraged to see the ABL games.

I think the music that was played at Starplex this weekend would appeal generally to a selection of people in the agegroup of 15-25. Look around next time you are at a game. I think I saw a lot of people who were older than 25.

Reply #42111 | Report this post

You idiot  
Years ago

Hang on, are we talking about warm ups or just generally cos it seems the talk has blended. ELG's first post was about the warm up music.

Warm ups = players choice

Game time should be appealing to the fans, cos the players should be in with the coach, so FLY I agree with you about family music, and music for the kids, shit, get the kids out on the floor for a dance at quarter time breaks. UPF, if you are talking about the music in time outs and breaks then I agree with you.

My focus was on the warm up music

Reply #42112 | Report this post

I meant about the general music they played all game. And I don't have a problem with the Dome's music, I know my music tastes are in the minority. But whatever!

Reply #42113 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

well the fans have to hear the music aswell. all the music is for the fans. and if they players cant be warmed up by the fact they are representing there clubs in the sport they love then theres sumthin wrong.

Hey i love the NBA, but the fact is that we are not the NBA , and we never will be. So why are we trying to be like them. cant we have our own game and style.

Reply #42115 | Report this post

You idiot  
Years ago

ELG, Why ,in your first, post did you put:

"Ok you're trying to warm up right, and instead of undisputed b-ball classics like 'Final Countdown', 'Jock Jams' and Steely Dan's 'Reeling in the Years' you get gangster (c)rap and techno bulldust! You can't warm up with that!"

Get your meaning right Dizzy Gillespie, if you meant during the game then say that, not "You can't warm up to that".

Reply #42117 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

why do we need warm up music , its for the fans

Reply #42119 | Report this post

The Godfather  
Years ago

I really am hoping that the next game I go to has the wiggles and a bit of high 5 to go with it for warm-ups. Maybe ELG will get off the ground on his next jumpshot with the pre game wiggles song.

Reply #42126 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Hot potato, hot potato, that was a classic.
And who can forget big red car.

Reply #42141 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

"Wake Up Geoff" is a crowd favorite...

Reply #42183 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

undersized the first album i ever owned when i was 7 years old was RUN DMC raising hell. i went thru my megadeth, metallica stage too. don't say to me too gain my knowledge come see my collection of jordans from the 90's,come see all the hip hop i got from the 90's i grew up on ultramagnetic, a tribe called quest etc. all the classic 90's hip hop. if only you knew who you were talking to. hey i would warm up to that new foo fighters joint. i just don't want to listen to all that clich'e warm up music.come say hello to me at 'the roots' concert i'll be the only guy with the rasheed wallace jersey we'll talk about my knowledge

Reply #42266 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

don't mean to sound threatning i get a little touchy when someone has a go. i just wanna hear some decent music when i warm up it doesn't have to be gangsta rap i just want something that will get me in the mood when the game starts. 80% of the team listens to it. horse, glitter,zane even kb from the warriors listen to it. play whatever the crowd wants after that. my wife even complained about the music being to loud during the game. i think the players with home court should pick the music for the 20 min warm up and that's it just as long that it's not offensive.

Reply #42271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754