Anonymous
Years ago

Sydney Kings get an NBA boost

Great stuff ! Anyone know anymore about this guy?

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/week-11-ranki9ngs-dc-joins-dc/

Topic #36103 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because there's no Australian coaches who could do these jobs?

Reply #507038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United have an NBA experience staff member in a similar role.

Reply #507039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully with his links, he can bring over a superstar to replace Kendrick Perry

Reply #507040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the United guy ?

Reply #507041 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Connelly's brother Tim is General Manager and Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Denver Nuggets, while Pat Connelly is Assistant General Manager at the Phoenix Suns.

Up to four of the five Connelly siblings have worked for NBA organisations at any one time, with the other brother in charge of an NCAA recruitment program."

Do you think this is about the skills of the individual, or more about building relationships with the USA?

Reply #507054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The United guy is from the T-Wolves

Reply #507059 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because there's no Australian coaches who could do these jobs?
I want to see this anon when one day an NBA team tours Australia. "Couldn't we support our Australian talent for this exhibition game?"

Reply #507065 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Good point Isaac.

Reply #507076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Incredibly naïve. Compare what the US coaches and any coaching related role have in terms of bball knowledge vs. NBL coaches. The gulf is immense so that is why you are seeing NBL tapping into US coaching talent once more. Remember in the 90s it was the norm many head coaches were American.

Reply #507473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst Connelly brings in some NBA experience and the Kings Head of Basketball and son of Phil Hudson(kings Owner)who is great at being the advocate for team culture, this appoinment hasnt gone down well with Cotter. The simple fact that he wasnt consulted beforehand has made him raise questions about his future with the Kings and where he stand with making decisions as the head coach.

It also shows the ownership group doesn't have full confidence in Cotter despite hiring him as the kings head coach.

Plus its has made Adrian Hurley whom is a Mentor for Cotter feel "what am i doing here"! The players are also unsure whats going on and why the appointment and feel its a total disrespect to Cotter!

With all do respect to Boti for writing the article which was requested by kings media manager Matt McQuade and one whom also was not aware of Connelly arriving, despite having to supply Boti with a media brief on Connelly for the article, there are major on & off the court issues for the kings and Connelly appointment is just the tip the Ice Berg that will have major consequences to the NBL.

Reply #507860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were happy to get Childress on SoP's advice.
Certainly if I was Cotter right now I would be watching my back, but that's always been the case with Kings management of past and current times. He does have a 1 year only contract doesn't he?

Reply #507892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754