paul
Years ago

Brad Rosen Drinking Game

Seeing as though 'tis the season to get jolly, and John Casey is only a very occasional NBL commentator these days, it's time to introduce the Brad Rosen Drinking Game.

Bewdiful = 1 sip (this category alone will be enough to hospitalise most average adults)

Nice little = shot glass (see above)

I'm sorry = 1/2 glass

Very comfortable = 1/2 glass

Tough to guard = full glass

Outstanding = full glass

Anything I've missed? Add it in. Have a very merry Christmas everyone!

Topic #36116 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Paul, are you on the turps tonight?

Reply #507221 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great offence (shot glass)

Poor offence (shot glass)

Reply #507223 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ahh his favourite is 'wow'... that'll get any smashed!

Reply #507224 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

We might have to limit 'wow' to a sniff or things could get dangerous.

Reply #507229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the experts here how always critiqued car fino and many more now it's rosen. How unsurprising.

Reply #507230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last 3 minutes the phrase " I'm sorry" just got me in trouble

Reply #507232 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I love Rosen's enthusiasm.

Reply #507243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have less of a problem with what he says than the anxious, verbose way in which he says it. He has some compulsion to express his every thought, however mundane, on the broadcast and after a while it grates. I don't know if he does any coaching but if he talks with the same angst in team huddles I can't imagine he'd be the most calming influence.

Reply #507245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When he spoke about guarding Rucker I spat my warm milk all over myself.

You were a Kings benchie and Rucker was lights out for over a decade, don't put yourself in the same sentence.

His detailed explanation for how overtime works and the timing schedule was laughable too.

Reply #507247 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Well said Anon #7245. He as the worst case of verbal diarrhea I've ever heard and the product is about the same as the regular kind. I tense up listening to his incessant drivel and wish he'd take a breath now and then.

Reply #507254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Well that's just..."

Reply #507263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rosen has passion and knoweldge.

Re: overtime - it was the first overtime of the season. I have followed the game for a long time and didn't know the OT foul rule had been changed. It was a TV game so explaining overtime for someone that had never watched basketball before probably isn't a bad idea.

Honestly Woods doesn't give him much to work with. I've listened to Rosen twice this weekend and I've enjoyed both games. He doesn't take away from the experience (unlike Carfino at times).

Reply #507264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have found Rosen annoying and I think it's because, just like Mike Ellis, he sits in judgement. "You can't do that." "That's just poor defense." "The umpires made the correct call." Mike Ellis: "I mean seriously." "Come on son."

They are knowledgeable, but I don't enjoy hearing that some guy busting his gut who makes a split second decision to go under a screen by a big Matt Knight body, is a derp and the implication is that Rosen or Ellis would never have made a poor decision, or worse still have perfect basketball knowledge because they have the benefit of hindsight.

Any idiot knows you can't sag off Damo's three, unless he misses, when of course they must have read the scouting report.

I appreciate their knowledge and enthusiasm, but a little less self righteous judgement would go a long way. Carfino had humility at least.

Reply #507302 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Try the Hubby Brown drinking game.

A neck every time he says "painted area".

You"ll be out to it by the end of the 1st quarter.

Reply #507304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No media training or relevant experience in broadcasting for NBL commentators is why they all suck. Sigh.

Reply #507465 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754