Anonymous
Years ago

Baynes equals career high yet again

Another great performance by Baybes today posting 16pts and getting the double double. Trade bait?

Topic #36126 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was killing it tonight, but barely touched the ball in the last quarter. They needed to get it inside but kept jacking up shots from outside. Another close awesome game from the spurs. No matter who plays the spurs are always competitive.

Reply #507371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes is underrated by POP, he might go elsewhere if he doesn't get some respect for his potential.

Reply #507379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes should be a starting centre somewhere. Good centres are rare in the NBA.

Reply #507385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At risk of being shouted down as a 'hater,' who can Baynes guard in the NBA? No doubt he's looked good through the World Cup and the early part of this season when he's found minutes, but he's an undersized centre in the NBA, and I can't think of a team that would start him. Contenders are going to have a better option in the middle (Splitter, Bogut, Chandler, Gasol, Jordan, Howard, Valanciunas, Horford, Gortat, Noah, Varejao) and others are developing younger, higher ceiling options. He might be better than his role on the Spurs allows him to demonstrate with any consistency, but players accepting those roles is a good part of how the Spurs have been so successful. He's not exactly the most over-qualified role players in the NBA.

Reply #507394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ hater

Reply #507395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes does well at PF as well so we shouldn't categorize him as strictly a centre. Remember that he hasn't been in the league very long at all do don't be quick to judge him. He is already getting minutes and trust on the championship team and I delivering.

Reply #507396 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I do remember baynes destroying Dwight, making Dwight crack the shits and get ejected. I agree with the feed it inside more, so many times marco or cory joe would just jack terrible shots!

Reply #507397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if he's so underrated why would NOBODY sign him in the off season? not one team wanted him, not even the spurs for more than 1.5 million.

Reply #507407 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

Baynes had the better of Chandler today

Reply #507423 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"Baynes is underrated by POP, he might go elsewhere if he doesn't get some respect for his potential."

It's official, anonymous Hoops poster knows more about a player than the greatest coach of this generation who sees him every day and is famous for maximising the potential of players overlooked by others.

Reply #507429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL!! My thoughts exactly when I read that Pop comment.

Reply #507439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#396, I agree that he's not strictly a centre. At 395, I was arguing that he doesn't have the credentials of a starting centre in this league, which is what the post before had suggested. As a backup rotation big, I think he's probably about league average when you take into account what different teams are trying to achieve, and I happen to think that's pretty damn impressive.

Nike Al, Chandler's objective is to guard the 4 guys on the court who aren't his man, because that's the best way to plug the gaping holes in the Mavs D. Not that this takes anything away from Baynes, because the advanced metrics say Chandler is one of the most undervalued guys in the league. If Nerlens Noel turns into Tyson Chandler, the 6ers are going to be thrilled.

Reply #507440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754