Anonymous
Years ago

BIG V practice games

Just Watched Oakleigh smack a disappointing Mornington team by 30 points!

To make it worse Oakleigh were missing a number of key players and played two thirds of their U18 roster who were super impressive.

Oakleigh seemed to be working fine without Kaban and JCB with other players who were smothered by their dominance last season seeming to enjoy the freedom at being allowed to play. One young kid got 22+ points with five 3's.

They will be more than competitive next season, were up 30 at 3/4 time and ran their bench for the entire last quarter. A bit hard to judge though as Mornington were very poor.
In fact I hope Mornington were missing players, as they are for a long season if they weren't.

Any other results out there?

Topic #36129 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mornington also got smacked by Geelong D1M

Reply #507410 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I was wondering why Mornington had nothing on there Facebook page.Got smacked both days!!!Did Tindal play for Mornington?

Reply #507415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coburg beat Cragieburn very easy. Were up 20+points at one stage. Coburg looked very big and strong. A couple of new faces. Jordan Harding is back with them. Also looked like they picked up an import. Eric Miraflores is back at Craigieburn they also picked up an import.

Reply #507421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Practice games before Christmas has to be a first.
I guess if you don't know how to run a pre season and lay your foundations during off season then may as well play some games.

Reply #507422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to sure why there should be an issue with practice games before Xmas.

Reply #507424 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Wow pre xmas shouldn't really be read into!

Reply #507431 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Championships aren't won before Xmas...

Reply #507434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think mornington have already played 43 games. Demarcus will finally play an 82 game season with another 20 games in jan and Feb

Reply #507483 | Report this post

Gelder  
Years ago

Mornington may have played some of their YL players, heard that there YL smacked Chelseas.

Reply #507486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get of the forum Bobby Mann and stop talking Oakleigh up! it's not even Christmas yet....

Reply #507518 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

why would Tindal be playing with Mornington, he's signed with frankston for 2015

Reply #507591 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

Mornington has lost a lot of players the team that played oakleigh is there full
roster for 2015

Reply #507592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

December practice matches, serious business..

Not sure why you'd bother but hey, I guess not everyone knows how to structure a proper pre-season...

Reply #507648 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

mornington have made a big mistake signing Berry again

Reply #507656 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754