Anonymous
Years ago

Country North/south DO's??

Was just looking at the country website and noticed that there is no north/south development officer anymore. Both employees are listed as just development officers with no north/south attached. Can anyone else fill me in on what has happened?

Topic #36137 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't notice any different both useless

Reply #507609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both nice guys but WAY out of their depth at this level.

Reply #507615 | Report this post

Contrary  
Years ago

Who are they?

Reply #507619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree.

At least one of them had some good pictures in social media that his u16 players were able to access.

Reply #507627 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Define "good pictures"

I always think it's dangerous when coaches friend players on FB with their personal account. I firmly believe it is better to setup a separate, dedicated account such as "Coach A" in lieu of the personal account for basketball related matters. Keeps the coaching life and personal life separate and professional.

Reply #507631 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Jack, that should be mandatory requirement of all coaches f
By their respective Associations! It should be in their By-Laws or Rules, black and white, but I don't think many do this at all.

There is a project in there for someone at BA I reckon...

Would not be a hard thing to write up really, sad not many have written policy for the times, most still have words and processes according to mailing paper etc...

Reply #507635 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bear, it just makes sense. The coach needs to be professional and a role model. Let's say you're a 28 yo coach, you're life is at a very different stage than say a 14 yo schoolkid. To keep a gap between the coaching side and the personal side (which could include some rather personal photos) is smart.

Reply #507639 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not just smart, it should be a standard, agree...

Reply #507640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think its a bit strange that the SAC office put in place the north/south label for their development officers 12 months ago and now they have taken that label away!
Does that mean it was a bad decision to even give them that label in the first place!
Anyone going to take responsibility for that silly decision in the first place! Knowing SAC's history the people in power will do nothing!
Seems very strange to go with the north/south title then just drop it all of a sudden, what has happened for them to make this decision???

Reply #507664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't you just ring them and ask them instead of speculating anonymously on a forum? If you're too time poor to ring, why not send an email. I believe the contact emails are on the website. Anonymous speculation on a forum seams like the least efficient way to get an answer to your question.

Reply #507666 | Report this post

Oscar  
Years ago

One DO is a kid and the other acts like one.

Reply #507730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does David Ingham have any involvement in Country? I notice he is mentioned on their website but you never see him in the country? I assume he runs these DO's and organizes what work they carry out, but he doesn't travel out of the metropolitian area himself? Very unusual set up.

Reply #507900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one in Metro sees him either.

Office boy who does NITP and despite promises has never bothered to go out on Friday nights to watch anything other than his own son.

Reply #507901 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Would you like a saucer of milk?

Reply #507913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the latest with the BSA DO position that Vicky Valk held? Seems like every man and their dog has jumped off BSA in recent times!

Reply #507937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like a lot of the 'great new ideas that the BSA CEO and the SAC CEO bought in 12 months have fallen over! The metro DO and country north/south titles are all gone! Looks like a certain two people in charge of both organisations need to answer some questions as the decisions they are making clearly are not working for either organisation!

Reply #508038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy awnser, stuart mac at SAC has no clue and will run them into the ground. As for sam, don't know the guy pulling the strings but it wouldn't take much to get a better pecking order than country.

Reply #508091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree 100% with the above post and its sad for me to say this as I'm very passionate about country basketball!
The beginning of the end was when the President and the country council appointed the CEO!
The CEO is not the only person that needs to go, keep going with the President and half the country council who have too many conflicts of interests to be running a organisation professionally!
They way things are currently going we will all be saying 'RIP SA Country Basketball' very soon! And that day will be a very sad day for basketball in this state and for all the passionate people in the country who love the game!

Reply #508169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hypothetically if 'SA Country Basketball' did break down and cease to exist what would that mean?

Local Country Associations run competitions in their local area, BSA employ a State Referee Development Manager who would continue to support local Country associations, same with High Performance.

State teams would be taken on by Basketball SA same as Metro teams.

Local Associations could get together and run a Country Championship themselves if they wanted to.

Am I missing something?

Reply #508182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's get some fresh blood on the SAC council - if you 'love ' country basketball so much I'm sure your association will nominate you and then you can implement the changes needed for the improvement of SAC

Reply #508229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great post 169
Unfortunately the council seem to be unmovable due to the way the constitution is written.
I think most country associations do not get to know when or who is their nominated rep is due to secrecy

Reply #508235 | Report this post

Boomer  
Years ago

#182 unsure what association you come from but you are 110% correct. I believe several associations north of Adelaide have met and discussused direct affiliation with Basketball SA as the peak body. Many members are questioning the current lack of services and what they actually get out of SAC?

BSA already employ the State referee and player development manager, have a reasonable set up with their CEO and administration staff so why would you need a second organisation in the middle such as SA Country Basketball that only collect fees and give very little in return!

SA basketball needs to be run under one organisation.

Reply #508246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine BSA running Country basketball -they can't even manage the metro comp ! H

Reply #508287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

287, compared to the state of SA Country admin and basketball operations, BSA looks positively awesome. Bring it on.

Reply #508291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SAC have some big issues currently that need to be addressed by their members. I would say a vote of no confidence in the current council and president are on the cards.

Reply #508293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this meeting between some of the country associations to discuss affiliating directly with BSA takes place will the members of these associations be invited or will it only be for actual commitee members of these country associations!
i think holding a 'discussion meeting' during one of the future carnivals that are held in the country areas would be a great idea.
Invite all players, coaches and parents to attend to get some discussion/feedback on potential options for associations who have no confidence in the current SAC office/ council and what options there are for these associations going forward!

Reply #508460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the big issues facing SAC ? All I'm hearing is some previous employees doing their best to destabilize SAC with misinformation and lies . We finally have some strong leadership and planning within SAC ,so maybe now the days of jobs for the boys is over - is that what the problem is ??

Reply #508492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am fairly confident SAC don't need anyone to "destabilize" them. They do a good enough job of that on their own.

Reply #508510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This all sounds like some people do not want SAC to suceed, could it be because they used to work for them and now they don't, no would not be that surely, how can anybody that did such a bad job for so long then turn around and bag SAC. that just would not happen would it.

Or maybe there is information out there that not everyone is privy to, maybe there is substance in it or maybe not.

We will have to wait and see how things pan out, but making stupid posts on this web site because you got the flick or you do not like SAC for whatever reason probably does not help.

Put posts on here that are meaningful or do not post at all

Reply #508522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

522, your last sentence is incredibly relevant. Maybe you should have taken notice of it yourself.

Reply #508523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

523, you would be one of the idiots i am actually talking about

Reply #508530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha ha funny stuff, obviously someone has hit a raw nerve with someone from sac. It's hilarious when country people start to bag and turn on each other like this.
Just sit back and enjoy!

Reply #508540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you protecting 530 - you trying to justify your own shakey position maybe!!

Reply #508542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#522 you are way off track mate.

Reply #508543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad for all the coaches , team managers , players , parents and SAC about to head off to Albury and SCC that a very small minority of bitter and twisted people continue to spread lies to attempt to discredit SAC. Just move on and accept that your own selfishness and bias has left you on the outer .

Reply #508545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

522, you have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

You are obviously very new to SA Country basketball and don't really understand. Good luck with it champ, let us know how it all pans out!

Reply #508558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is fair to say this post like most has gotten off topic to some degree. The SAC Development officers are not an issue nor a "make or break" deal for anyone. What they do and how well they do it is debatable and who supervises them is also questionable, but certainly not life changing for the average country player. Those that have any talent will align themselves with a district club to progress their skillbase and further develop their overall game.

If the real issue is how SAC is run and what value affiliation gives members, then perhaps that should be dircted in a letter rather than put on a forum for open criticism by anyone who is not happy. Talk to your local president and put your issue forward. I don't know Stewart McDonald but I am sure he will listen and act on any criticism or issues you may have with SAC.

As far as all of the above posts, there is nothing that beats a good conspiracy theory or the paranoia of some of people.

Reply #508589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry 589 , whilst you are correct with the majority of your post , you need to realise SAC is constantly under attack by a small group of people who have rightly been left on the outer .

Reply #508603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under attack! We don't live in the middle east, grow up! From the above posts I domy see anyone being threatened or anything of a defamatory nature.
If what has been posted is BS then those that have posted comments you don't agree with will look like idiots.

The more stupid comments posted like this just adds fuel to the fire.

Reply #508612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to the country teams who leave for Albury tomorrow! Let's hope they bring back more then the 4 trophies they won last year!
Although with the below standard of competition in Albury any thing less would have to be viewed as a failure!!

Reply #508873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just spotted the Rojo here in Albury. He is one smooth dressed cat!

Reply #509147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joke

Reply #509252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754