LC
Years ago

R14: Breakers vs Hawks

Odds: Breakers - $1.08, Hawks – $7.00

The odds say it all in regards to the difficult task the Hawks face on Thursday night. Sitting dead last on the table and riding a three game losing streak, Wollongong will travel to face the league leading Breakers in Auckland – A place where they lost only once this season.

Preview: Hawks face daunting task on the Shore

Both sides play each other twice in Round 14, a daunting task for the Hawks who have nothing but pride to play for. The Breakers who are virtually guaranteed a playoff spot, will be looking to cement their bid for the minor premiership as five of their last nine games are against bottom four teams.

Breakers by 9 is my prediction. Just can't see the Hawks winning.

Topic #36205 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon the Breakers might be clearing the bench at half time. They are top of the table and have more confidence than a rich kid on instagram deciding whether to take the Porsche or the Merc.

Hawks might be able to catch them with their pants down if they are clever. Don't put anything past the old Red Fox.

Would be a massive upset if it happened, but I reckon the scoreline will be along the lines of 98 to 70 with the more physical Breakers outmuscling the Hawks on the stadium where the refs call the least amount of fouls.

Reply #508777 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers too deep and then add the homecourt advantage and I think the Hawks will be swimming against the tide.
NZ by 11.

Reply #508789 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Yer wouldn't be surprised to see some development players get some junk time minutes

Reply #508800 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hawks playing great, especially Ervin. Tied up with 60/60 end of the 3rd.
Webster & Neville with 4 fouls a piece.

Reply #508831 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

We always struggle with the Hawks. CJ seems to take it personally with Earvin. They play CJ basically by laying off him and saying "shoot'. CJ doesn't like it and overcompensates. Then he's on the line having another mare. Thankfully we have just enough O to get over them.

Reply #508833 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

That clutch trey by Rhys Martin to beat the final whistle and send the game to overtime was awesome. Great game to watch.

Reply #508884 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Webster did not play great but he did get to play important clutch mintes down the stretch and this must have helped his confidence going forward. Tai Wesley is proving his worth and will only get better heading into post season esp his midrange J.
Hats off to Hawks, they did everything they possibly could, but they rely so heavily on guards for their offence. I like Reece Martin and he is the pick of the 3 as a 3 pt option. Carson had best game I have seen him play and Earvin wheels and deals just enough for Hawks to stay close without getting them over the line. Gordie is an excellent coach but his mix of players will always struggle.

Reply #508886 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow - did not see this coming!

Breakers given OT scare by Hawks

Reply #508887 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754