Jack Toft
Years ago

R14: United v Sixers

This is a pivotal game for the Sixers. They need to win this one to creep up on the 4th placed United. With BJ out, the team will be down to 9 men so the pressure will be on everyone to lift that extra bit. Hopefully Creeky is cherry ripe this game after his shoulder injury. He's a tough nut, but not quite as tough as Petrie who took out the Arena's scoreboard last game.

United (the team formally known as the Tigers) have a 7 & 3 record at home and will be looking to get the win to snuff out the Sixers this season. McRae leading the league scoring and the obvious danger man for any opponent. The Sixers will need to get under his skin early to put him off his game. The man to watch though is Wortho. All teams have a barometer and Wortho is the barometer of the TFKATT.

The Sixers need a 50 point win to get the split over the TFKATT and that is about as likely to happen as Charlie Hebdo issuing an apology for their cartoons, but I have great faith in the Sixers keeping their season alive with a win.

Let's Go Sixers, Let's Go!

Topic #36220 | Report this topic

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Purely statistically, the difference between winning and losing for the 36ers is dropping from a 1 in 10 chance of playoffs to a 1 in 250 chance. Huge incentive to win it.

Reply #509103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers always win these types of games. Just when you think they are dead they pull something out. 6ers by 7, and hopefully Jamar is limited minutes wise. Would be good to see Luke take the majority of BJ's minutes, his height is legit, and he is under utilised too often.

Reply #509126 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With the Sixers now starting to find their mojo, they have put themselves in the slightest of contentions for a playoff berth. With the team finally starting to play with a healthy roster, thanks to the returns of Mitch Creek and Jamar Wilson, Adelaide will need another win on the board tonight if they are to sniff a playoff chance.

Preview: 36ers come to Melbourne carrying playoff hopes

I think that Melbourne should be too good at home and win by 3.

Reply #509130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great win!

Reply #509143 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Lost because Wilson.....oh wait...

Reply #509144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully now Dean will sign a replacement for BJ!

Montreal!

Reply #509146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting to see what happens with that. Hopefully they have someone lined up to sign this week because next weekend is make or break. Adelaide have Perth(A) and Wollongong(H) and Melbourne have NZ(A) and Perth(A). If things went perfectly for Adelaide they could be even by the end of the round. Not that I think that will happen.

Reply #509152 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

By my reckoning, with the win Adelaide move into 5th?

Reply #509153 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Yes - 5th

Reply #509154 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Hard run for MU away at those venues. With Knight out, Wollongong, well Wollongong and Homey game they can do this. Like to se DQ back and take away Crawfords minutes as he can hit the shots, has great rebound ability and knows the systems..

Reply #509157 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Maybe see Jamar and Gibbo never on at the same time.. Pair Wilson with someone else and Gibbo with someone. Hedge your bets....

Reply #509158 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Now Can we have our replacement player please !! We earnt it !!!

Reply #509165 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

I wonder what DJ is up to...… Might be better here pairing up with Motum for that shot at the NBA next season ??? FFT

Reply #509168 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Sorry Annon DJ is heading to perth as injury replacement for knight ;)

Reply #509175 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Bait taken. His Team is currently 3rd and he had 12 minutes last game.

Reply #509176 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Awesome win! Sixers are on a roll and the cats are cooked i reckon they are primed for another upset at the arena next week

Reply #509177 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

BOL BOL - Perth is set to sound out the availability of hard-working forward Dave Gruber, who was released by Wollongong in October. New Zealander Jeremiah Trueman - who is currently in the United States – and SBL rebounding king Jarrad Prue are also on the radar.

Gruber would be my pick.

Reply #509178 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Let's poach Diamon Simpson from Spain for the next 2-3 months.

Reply #509179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #509180 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Diamon Simpson.....Yes please!

Reply #509183 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

That will improve our chronic free throw deficiencies - not.

Don't understand the Rose coloured glassed DS is seen through. Best of a very ordinary crop of imports on the Sixers import roundabout during our worst period in history.

Reply #509186 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Simpson would be a very nice addition indeed! Gruber would be a good fit for the cats

Reply #509188 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

@ XY

Your comments have some validity but there is no doubt in my mind that DS was all effort in the paint and dominant on the boards. He lacked full match fitness and was poorly used and disrespected by one of our worst coaches ever. We did have some poor recruiting at the time and even worse management but DS pulled some pretty good stats despite that. Enough at any rate to get some gigs better paying than here.

His free throw deficiency was definitely exceptional.

I havn't followed his career, just respected and valued his work ethic as I saw it in his time here.

Reply #509189 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Diamon Simpson.....good player, don't get me wrong. But I would rather Peach, BJ, Brock (who has started to get consistency in his game) and would welcome back DJ before signing Simpson.

And no offence to DS but XY is right, couldn't hit sand from the free throw line if he was in the middle of the Sahara. Adelaide are bad enough at the FT line this year without Diamon's efforts.

Reply #509190 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Gruber would be a good fit for the cats"
No he wouldn't, he's not American!

Oh, hang on, born September 23 1981, Iowa City, IA

Roll out mamma's Apple Pie, the Hawkeye State boy would be a perfect fit.

Reply #509192 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anthony - 48% foul shooter this season
Simpson - 54% foul shooter in 2011-12

Reply #509201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simpson is a much better basketball player than BJ. I couldn't see BJ making an NBA roster or tearing up the Israeli league.

Reply #509213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"McDonald did not mince words after the loss, slamming the complacency of his players when the game was on the line.
"It is very frustrating," he said.
“There is no ruthlessness in the group and I mean none.
“We were complacent again with the same s...t.
“It comes back to bite us on the ass again.”

I wonder why.?? Maybe the coach is outta his depth. Cleary the United people have decided to let Dmac coach and all season and bury himself for the HC job.

Reply #509369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure Marcus Camby could find 1000 reasons to give Dmac a 5 year extension ;)

Reply #509370 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Is Starling around...Crawford plus BJ trade off..

Reply #509373 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure Simpson is the cerebral type. All effort though.

Anyway, here's the +/- from this game:

HOME TEAM
S. Dennis: 6
D. Kickert: -5
D. Barlow: 3
M. Worthington: 3
J. McRae: 5
C. Patton: 1
O. Odigie: 0
N. Tomlinson: -14
L. Walker: -5
D. Corletto: -6

ROAD TEAM
A. Gibson: -6
J. Wilson: 4
B. Motum: 2
A. Petrie: 4
M. Creek: -6
L. Schenscher: -1
B. Teys: 4
P. Crawford: 7
T. Daly: 2

Reply #509398 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754