Hoop Addict
Years ago

Bogut Ejected + Free Agent Happenings

It seems that Bogut was ejected from his latest Summer League match. Here's the article http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36692/20050718/bucks_andrew_bogut_ejected_from_game/

It says that it was a pretty soft ejection and both teams were surprised.

In other news... Stromile Swift has agreed to play with the Houston Rockets, which signifcantly bolsters their front line. His contract is estimated to be worth $28 mil & $32 mil over 5 years.

Another highly sought-after power forward, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, has agreed to sign with the New Jersey Nets. He'll come to them either via a sign & trade with Portland (netting him roughly $38 mil for 6 years) or signing with the Nets for the Mid-Level Exception which would get him $28 mil over 5 years. This gives the Nets a projected starting 5 of Kidd, Carter, Jefferson, Abdur-Rahim & Krstic. That sounds to me a like a team capable of contending for the Eastern Conference title!

Topic #3624 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

I like the Nets, the only probably now is that they have no depth.

Reply #42177 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i like that nets team alot.but having no bench hurts.just ask the phoenix suns.

Reply #42198 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

also dalembert looks to be signing a max contract but he doesnt know who for.the hawks are very interested in either him or curry.antonio daniels is also getting heaps of interest from likely to be with the lakers.joe johnson has said he wants to play play the hawks and become an all star player for them.hope phoenix dont match.knicks looking to trade to reduce payroll eg.marbury,houston.marbury to atlanta??

Reply #42210 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Anyone who takes On Houtons Contact is making a big Mistake ... its a massive Contract for an Alright Player his contract ranks right up there with Shaq and chris webber and even KG ... Yet he is not where Near the playing Capablitys of these Guys and is one of the major reason the knicks have had so many cap problems ..

Reply #42249 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The truth, alright player is being a tad generous. He was, but he's barely suited up for the past two years and isn't even worth the midlevel exemption anymore. The Knicks are going to be paying that contract for years, and Houston becomes even more richer for doing nothing. The best thing for the Knicks is if he promised to retired after a payout.

Reply #42303 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The Detroit Pistons have just announced that Larry Brown has been relieved of his coaching duties. A contract buy-out has been made and although no other details have been released, rumor is one of the agreements is that Brown cannot coach the Knicks in 05/06.

Reply #42317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) teram can cut a players contract, pay the, out and remove them from the salasry cap. I would think that Houston would be in line for this.

Reply #42321 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That CBA clause was written for the Knicks and Houston, hence why it's nicknamed "the Knicks clause".

The other serious candidate for it is Michael Finley.

Both these players could be the highest earning players in the league next season.

Reply #42324 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Looks like Cheeseburger might be disappointed again, if this quote form Philly is right about Dalembert. Maybe Atlanta will have to look at Bogut's Olympic Back-Up to try and get a Centre, David Andersen.

'King Says Trio Of Free Agents Will Return - 19th July, 2005 - 8:40 am
Philadelphia Inquirer - Sixers President Billy King has no plans of letting restricted free agents Samuel Dalembert, Kyle Korver, and Willie Green get away in free agency.

"These guys will be 76ers, whether it's at our price or another team's price," the Sixers president and general manager said yesterday'

Reply #42329 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Bad luck cheeze, looks like Atlanta is going to stink again next year. Maybe Andersen is the way to go.

Personally I can't see Atlanta doing any good next season, maybe they'll get a 1st round pick next year and can start from there. They really need to pick up a decent free agent this year or they're even more in the poo!

Reply #42330 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm willing to wait until the F/A period has ceased before I say the Hawks will stink it up....

Remember, the Suns haven't matched Joe Johnson yet, and there are insurance issues with Eddie Curry. If the Hawks chuck the $$$ at Curry, and the Bulls decide it ain't worth the risk, then maybe...

If the Hawks add both these players running along with Salim, Childress, Josh Smith and Marvin they I don't think they will stink it up that much (well compared to the last few years anyway).

If they miss out on both these players, then Atlanta will stink it up again, but mainly due to youth and inexperience.

Andersen should be on board in the 2006/2007 season....

Reply #42334 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Not getting Dalembert at the price he is/was asking may be a blessing in disguise. Wasn't it at or very close to the max? He could end up being a good player, but I don't think he'll ever be *that* great.

If Joe Johnson really wants to play in A-town though, that could make them interesting. He's only 24 and could well be an all-star in the next couple of years.

Apparently Larry Brown is free to coach anywhere next year. Will he be able to tranform the Knicks? I personally don't think so.

Also, Donyell Marshall has agreed to terms with the Cavs. This strengthens their front court and he can back up the 3 & 4 spots and is a nice contrast to Gooden. I'm not sure how much they're paying him, but I'm hoping they can still get Jaric. A starting 5 of Jaric, Hughes, LBJ, Gooden & Big Z with Marshall 1st man off the bench sounds good to me! Plus, isn't Jaric 6'7" or so? So the smallest player in their first 6 is 6'5" (Hughes).

Reply #42337 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Some interesting moves, Marshall will give the Cavs the outside shooting they want. If they can add a quality free agent PG then they should definitely make the playoffs, still a front line of Ilgauskas, Gooden and Marshall isn't that good defensively.

SAR will make for a talented starting 5 for the Nets, but they will have no defense and be tissue paper soft.
Cant see them going very deep into the playoffs with that roster.

The Rockets getting Swift will be a good move, his game complements Yao's pretty well.

If the Hawks can land Joe Johnson and either Dalembert or Curry, they could contend for a playoff spot. They are still short a starting PG but they would have a bucket load of young talent across their wing positions.

Reply #42339 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Antonio Daniels has signed with the Wizards for a reported 5 year $30 mil contract. I assume he will start in the backcourt along with Gilbert Arenas. Obviously, Daniel is a downgrade from Larry Hughes, but this will free up more shots for Gilby & Jamison, plus allowing Gilby to slide to the 2 spot more often as I believe both he & Daniels are combo guards.

Been some interesting moves this off-season so far. I wonder if anyone will 'do a Boozer' and verbally agree to a contract with one team, only to sign with another for more mula when FA's are able to sign on the 22nd.

Reply #42419 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

i did a boozer last night - am very hungover today

Reply #43292 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754