Isaac
Years ago

Qualifying Final - Ng out?

Could be big trouble in the qualifying final this weekend between Sturt and Woodville.

I'm not sure how Woodville's roster is looking, but just as the Sabres looked like they could be getting back on track, they lose Forman overseas. And now I've heard that Darren Ng did his ankle badly at training last night and early indications are not good.

A tough game ahead? Anyone rate their chances?

Who would they have to start? Finkemeyer, Gower, Hackendorf, M Bauer, Shepherd?

Topic #3625 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

would they throw Benson in over Bauer, give Sheperd more of a workload, but also give Sabres some added height?

Reply #42186 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Woodville have their full team. Without Ng and Forman, you'd have to assume Woodville would get the win.

Reply #42188 | Report this post

ABCDEFG  
Years ago

Think you'll find Paul Baur will play this week. They'll start Finkemeyer, Gower, Hakendorf, P.Bauer, Shepherd

Reply #42189 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Did someone say Ri'NG'less.

Reply #42202 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

i think with or without darren, sturt are really back to the field without oscar, and i would expect woodville to win by about 15, however without darren, probably 25 plus. games are not played on paper though and funny things happen in finals.

Reply #42203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even with Oscar Woodville probably still would of won.

Reply #42205 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

With Oscar and Darren, I would tip Sturt... Last time, when Woodville won by 13, Sturt were missing two starting players.

This week, though, it looks like they're missing 50+ points, 20+ boards, and 6 assists. That's pretty tough to cover for!

Reply #42212 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

I saw centrals v woodville last weekend. Woodville established the lead early, up by almost 20 in 5 minutes. even though centrals had a run at them in the second, woodvilles bigs in elder and pudifoot, stepped up the boards and finished beautifully.

I have only seen both teams a couple of times but i think it is fair to back woodville on this one. Foremans stats will be hard to cover and the 20 odd points from ng will be missed. However, i wouldn't write off sturt totally. often the team that appears to be gone, will step up. take woodville this season.

Every tipped them to finish with a wooden spoon. They don't seem to have one player they rely on. They have 4 players who can easily get 20 pts each and combine for 30 rebounds and not take anything away from their team mates.

Who would you rate as the best coach this season? KB would have to be up there even though he missed the start. what do ya reckon...

Reply #42223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard about Ng from someone who was at the training. I was told Rick seemed to be hopeful and that it was nothing too serious, but apparently it didnt look good when he landed after doing a layup in contest, or afterwards. But then again strangers things have happened in the world of basketball.

Reply #42246 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Me thinks Dinger is hearing the footsteps and ghosts of Woodville past.

(PS. Just kidding Ninja.)

Reply #42261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt v Woodville is the double chance game right?

Loser hosts winner of the game between Eastern v West?? (Loser of this game is then 5th...)

Reply #42277 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Yep, also winner of Sturt v Woodville plays Forestville at Wayville in 2nd week.

Reply #42325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing as though Darrens father is a doctor (and a very good one at that) I would think D would play a final vs his old team.

Reply #42473 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754