Dave
Years ago

Will 36ers Replace BJ?

Just wondering if anyone had an update?

Topic #36251 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

you'd think not by sunday or it would have been announced by now.

Reply #509687 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe they're actively pursuing someone. Not sure of progress though.

Reply #509690 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

They are trying to find some First Class airfair tickets for Ray Allens mum, late request from Ray.

Reply #509693 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

They have until next round to replace him and for the newcomer to qualify for Finals - should they make it.

Reply #509696 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. I can't understand what the 36ers are doing.

Kings have just signed Horvath as a short term replacement.

36ers have lost a player for the rest of the season.

Reply #509700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have no money

Reply #509701 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

MACDUB...the player the 36ers are after is not as close logistically as someone like Horvath.

Reply #509702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^ facts

Reply #509703 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Tornado,

True. But I'm presuming they also have a lot more $ to play with than the Kings.

Swings and roundabouts.

Reply #509704 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Exactly Macdub. Another reason why it is taking so long...Horvath would jump at the chance as he is likely not receiving many if any offers whilst the player the 36ers are after would likely have other offers so contract negotiations would also come into play...

Reply #509706 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Pero V?

Reply #509708 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Might as well sign Ben Allen if you'd entertain the thought of Pero.

Reply #509712 | Report this post

Shanemc  
Years ago

DJ for BJ?

Reply #509716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tornado- can we have a clue who they are after?

Reply #509720 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Bairstow ???

Reply #509725 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Perth and Adelaide now battling over the same person.

Reply #509726 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

If that's true I hope ADL get him. Perth don't need any more favours.

Reply #509730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth gets him, Boti will have a seizure.

Reply #509731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth gets him, Wilson Sting will have a seizure.

Reply #509732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After making everyone wait and not releasing any news or updates you would hope its someone high profile and decent otherwise they will look like fools!! At least come out and say they are targeting an import etc!!
If they sign a role player or average Australian it will just make 36ers look like a second rate organisation!! The no money excuse has been used too many times!

Reply #509737 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Who are Adelaide and Perth fighting over?

Reply #509740 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Suleiman Braimoh

Reply #509744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gruber obviously.

Reply #509745 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

After making everyone wait and not releasing any news or updates you would hope its someone high profile and decent otherwise they will look like fools!! At least come out and say they are targeting an import etc!!
If they sign a role player or average Australian it will just make 36ers look like a second rate organisation!! The no money excuse has been used too many times!
No, it won't.

They have spoken about it a few times already in the paper. And they were clear that if the team won in Melbourne, they'd be confident about making a move. Let them negotiate a deal and try to sign someone. It's only been a few days.

Reply #509747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ater Majok

Reply #509748 | Report this post

Plastic Man  
Years ago

What about Anstey, he's could also help Joey out!!

Reply #509749 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Ater Majok would be a great addition! I don't think Perth would go for him again after his last stint there so I doubt it is him.

Reply #509751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has to be Gruber... I guess he is a good fit for the sixers & won't disrupt the team but I was secretly hoping for a big name signing...

Reply #509756 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Ater will not play for Perth and Joey wont coach him ever again

Reply #509757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure Andy would release Pero to play!!

Reply #509759 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Dean is waiting on results of this weekend games before deciding to bring in an import or just play with what we have.BJ injured nearly two weks ago and Dean takes his time with decisions (saving money decisions )Sydney didnt waiste time bring in a player to replace another.

Reply #509761 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Observer - another way to look at it - Sydney could not afford to wait. They are so thin in their front court already an immediate replacement was necessary.

The Sixers can wait to try and get their man.

Reply #509763 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

How's old mate Julian K going these days?

Reply #509764 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Gruber then..

Reply #509765 | Report this post

brett  
Years ago

The article in today's paper said about bringing an import back? Maybe Diamon Simpson is an option!!!

Reply #509766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simpson is my guess and think it will happen. Anyone with knowledge of were he's playing can confirm if there still playing would be great

Reply #509767 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Simpson plays in the Liga ACB League in Spain which as far as I know is still running...

Reply #509769 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

XY Its taking too long to replace someone!!!!!! Im disapointed with Deans efforts,have backup plan which is his plan is bring back DQ

Reply #509803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson. Wait and see.

Reply #509815 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Observer - Sydney took 15 days to announce a replacement for Brandt. By your measure, that means Adelaide have at least until next Monday (the 19th) to announce a replacement for Anthony before they can be considered to have wasted time in the replacement process.

"The no money excuse has been used too many times!"
Anon - I'm not privy to the financial state of the club. I'm interested in what information you have that makes you say this.

Reply #509827 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Grueber would be a solid option...causes no issues and he knows the league and can contribute in that 7/8th man role

Reply #509842 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I think we can clearly rule out DJ & Grueber. I think we can also rule out that we were competing for the signature with Perth as they have their 2 import spots filled.

Reply #509852 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Observer, I think you're being silly. They replaced a budget import with a guy who'd made the Boomers, done well with an NBA team and is currently top five in NBL scoring. How is that being a tightarse?

And now, in replacing a bench player in BJ Anthony, they're targeting a player who'd be a serious upgrade.

Gruber is heading home to the States, as far as I know. Not heading to Perth or Adelaide, I don't think.

Reply #509870 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

No name has mentioned Michael Dunigan's name yet

Ok, that's done.

Reply #509887 | Report this post

Plastic Man  
Years ago

Wilkinson ??

Reply #509903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754