Grovermister
Years ago

Jamar Wilson's celebration after free throw

Did anyone else notice Jamar Wilson's celebration after hitting his last free throw on Sunday...

Topic #36291 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Care to elaborate...

Mouth after the 3 was good with the guns going back in the holster.... bit of edge to this team all of a sudden.

Reply #510733 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

not sure what the players name is/was in the NBA.. but it is now a tech foul in the NBA... was quick and not as pronouced as the american version...

basically signifying 'big balls'...

he did it as he was heading back to the time out huddle...

have not watched the replay... not even sure if it was captured... but me and my mate certainly noticed it... not sure if anyone else did...

Reply #510736 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

Sam Cassell Big Balls Dance! Gold!

Reply #510737 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

It was clutch, the league should fine you if you DON'T DO the big balls celebration

Reply #510741 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

so...

did anyone else notice it?

or were me and my mate the only ones?

Reply #510744 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

I love when a player has attitude! U neeh that, love it! Don't understand why they are not in the four already.

Reply #510745 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

cats 4 life

cos we lost games we should have won... and couldnt hit a free throw to save ourselves...

and it took a while for the team to gel with the inclusion of motum

and they were not playing the way they wanted and are capable of...

want me to go on...

but i digress...

what has happened has happened they seem to have learnt from their mistakes... especially free throw shooting and wilsons general game play plus utilising motum better...

Reply #510748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh, wait till their next loss, and the Wilson Haters will out in force again.
Contrary to what the re-interpreters of history would have us believe, Wilson is doing the same thing he has done all season.
Only difference is that others have stepped up so he is nolonger trying to carry the whole team.

Reply #510761 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon 510761...Wilson had 6 assists last game - thats not what he has always done.

Reply #510771 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

Grover...it was Kevin Martin. I think they missed in the game, but he was heavily later.

Reply #510784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, Wilson hasn't previously passed the ball, so he hadn't had many assists, now he is and now he is getting assists. Don't get confused in your own little world between hating a player, sort hating the way a player is playing to the detriment of the team. Ask Wilson himself, he would admit he made changes.

Reply #510789 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Wilson is top-10 in the league for assists. Not bad for a guy who doesn't pass the ball. Sigh...

Reply #510803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont you dare use facts when arguin with anons...we dont care for facts...

Reply #510805 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Snooch top ten is terrible. Clearly a ball hog

Reply #510808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you guys being serious, top 10 sounds great, BUT top 10 out of a league of 8 teams with an avg of 3.1 is crap. As a guard who has the ball in his hands as much as he does, thats not good at all. Don't let the facts confuse a weak argument though.

Reply #510811 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I'm surprised not a bigger deal is made of the shamgod move he put on the Damian Martin in crunch time!

That move was silky smooth!

Reply #510817 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

do people understand Wilson is the 2 guard on the team and is here to score ( Top 5 in the league) Gibson is the PG and is top 5 in the league for assists

Reply #510823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not based on the amount of time he has the ball in his hand. Point is he has improved his team game and thats great, but for people to get all high and mighty now as though he has played this way the whole time is sad.

He is now doing great, he for a long period previously wasn't. It isn't hating its observation, and I'm glad its turning around.

Reply #510834 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Actually, no, that's just your opinion. Nothing more. It doesn't make it a fact.

Reply #510838 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Getting back to the original question Yes I saw his celebration too.

Reply #510843 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Anon, Wilson hasn't previously passed the ball, so he hadn't had many assists, now he is and now he is getting assists."

He averaged 3.3 assists in his first eight games and 3.0 since.

Compare his average to some other combo guards who handle a lot of the ball like Beal (2.6), Gliddon (2.6), Carson (2.5) and Webster (1.7) and Wilson looks pretty good, especially as he scores more points at the same or better percentage than all those guys.

Reply #510850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not even soley about assists, its about actually passing the ball within the offense, He was dribbling out the clock and forcing things predictably NOW he is not. Its simple stuff, throw all the pointless stats at me as you want. His game has changed and the team is better for it. Enough said,

Reply #510856 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sometimes he dribbled out the clock, more often he was left to make something happen off the dribble late in the clock because Adelaide kept taking the ball out of the net and initiating their offence late.

Sometimes you need to look past the symptom and see the sore.

Reply #510859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul I humbley diagree with your take on this matter.

Reply #510921 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's strange, because I agree with what you're saying! I just think there is also more to it.

Reply #510948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he had a tendency to simply dribble and stop the ball movement until late in the clock. No other player had a chance to even try and create, then give it up at last minute, they simply didn't get the ball to start. Either way as is, things have changed, its been less frustrating as a 36er fan to roll your eyes at someone you want to see help the team succeed! Keep it up now, 7 important games to go.

Reply #510967 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He did that a number of times early in the season, no doubt, but the majority of offences that didn't happen. For some reason though, the focus on here was heavily on those occasions.

Realistically, he improved his ability to play within the sets over two months ago, but the stereotype had been cast.

Reply #510982 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754