Anonymous
Years ago

New Format for All Star Rising Stars Game

More inför can be found here but basically is a US Vs the World game.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/as.rising.stars/01/21/new-format-for-rising-stars-challenge/index.html

With this format in mind it might give Dante Exum a good chance at being selected for the game on the world team. Just off the top of my head I could also see Andrew Wiggins, Nikola Mirotic and Bogan Bogdanovic selected for the World team. Maybe even Steve Adams will make it as the game includes first and second year players.

Topic #36296 | Report this topic

Curtley  
Years ago

Sounds good. I think in 20 years the same will happen to the All star game. you heard it here first (23/1/15).

Reply #511061 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It now features the best first and second-year NBA players from the United States facing off against the top first and second-year NBA players from around the world.

With more international players playing in the league than ever before (101 players from 37 countries and territories were on opening-night rosters for the 2014-15 season), this game gives the NBA the chance to revamp the dying Rookie/Sophomore concept into a competitive game that will engage the ever growing global audience and will help fuel the development of basketball around the world.

2015 Rising Stars Challenge Becomes An International Affair

Reply #511066 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

So which Aussies will get a run ?
Exum, Ingles, Delly (second year..?) and Bairstow all eligible

Reply #511067 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

My guess at the teams

International team
PG Schroder / Exum / Delly
SG Wiggins / Bogdanovic
SF Antetokoumpo / Papanikolaou / Benett
PF Olynyk / Mirotic / Dieng
C Adams / Gobert / Nukic

There are a lot more good bigs then gaurds, you could add Len and Antic but I was struggling to find decent PGs and SGs.

USA TEAM
PG MCW Burke LaVine
SG Oladipo McLemore Hardaway
SF Muhammond Caldwell-Pope McDaniels
PF Plumlee Covington Gordon
C Noel Zeller

The USA team has less bigman depth but much better scoring at the guard spots.

USA team should win as the guards usually dominate this sort of game.

Reply #511078 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754