GWB
Years ago

Greenwood or Drmic for NBA/Europe?

I haven't seen Greenwood play in a while, and I have only seen glimpses of Drmic but hear great things about both. Do either of them have a future in the NBA or Europe?

Topic #36304 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic in Europe for sure

Reply #511142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood maybe backup pg Europe.

Reply #511150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Europe, nowhere near NBA level

Reply #511158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Hughie stand up to the cyber bullies. So many fracktards out there.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/australian-basketballer-hugh-greenwood-fires-up-after-twitter-bully-targets-his-mums-cancer-battle-20150123-12wip1.html

Reply #511160 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Drmic can get a Euro passport so yes, what about Greenwood?

If he has to be an import it will be tough, the only Aussies I can think of off who've really made it as imports in Europe are Gaze, Heal, Anstey, Nielsen, Newley and Baynes, while Jawai keeps sticking around without making a great impact.

Reply #511169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood's shooting percentages this year have been fairly terrible and guards are fairly common in Europe. Greenwood for NBL next year I would say and possibly a starter.

Drmic I thought was redshirting due to injury and playing another year of college (can anyone confirm?). Regardless I would say Europe would be his path similar to Ryan Broekhoff. If he does play another full year of college basketball he may be an outside chance for a second round NBA selection as a 3 and D wing player.

Reply #511171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwiod = NBL

Reply #511181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood = AFL

Reply #511190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, Drmic will play his final season in College next season, due to injury this season. An outside chance of being a 2nd round NBA Draft pick

Reply #511191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood = Netball

Reply #511192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hugh can play afl for sure. One of the reasons he chose to play basketball was that its a world game.
He has the ability to play afl but right now I wouldn't have thought it was an option.
If the NBL were serious about Tassie in the NBL Greenwood could be in the new TASSIE franchise. But Marvin doesn't want that it seems.

Reply #511193 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

i'd love to see hugh come back home, he'd be great for the NBL

Reply #511293 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Greenwood would have to play as an import in Europe unlike Drmic.

Greenwood is more likely to try his chances in Europe than come back to the NBL as his first choice.

Drmic is heading back to college as a 5th year senior at this stage as a medical red-shirt.

Reply #511305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwoods first choice was to come back and play for Tassie in the NBL LC. That wont be happening thanks to the NBL dicks.

Reply #511347 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Drmic high level Europe.

Greenwood backup combo guard in the NBL.

Greenwood is ok at a lot of things but not really outstanding at any one thing.

He also is stuck in between PG and SG. Doesn't have he ball-handling for a PG and doesn't have the shooting to play SG

In saying that, he is a guy you wouldn't mind having in your team. The NBL could really suit him.

I think hes basketball IQ is crazy high and with the way college coaches operate, i think he played not for his own stats but in a way that was best for his team (if that meant taking few shots). He should be credited for that. Typical Aussie college player - no ego.

Reply #511381 | Report this post

crocsfan  
Years ago

What are the chances Greenwood ignores NBL to sign with an AFL club? Unfortunetly afl could offer longer term contract, guarantee, more $$ etc over nbl

Reply #511443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish I could find the interview where Greenwood decided to play basketball because it was a worldwide game and afl wasn't.
Greenwood has been scouted by afl for sure and chose not to play it.
He may in time but not right now.

Reply #511453 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This interview I did with Hugh: Pre-Season All-Australian First Team #3 - Hugh Greenwood, New Mexico

Hugh on why he chose basketball over AFL:

"I think it was the cold nights down in Tassie out on the football field! Basketball was more social and I made more friends through basketball, and with my mum as coach I guess I just enjoyed it more. When I was 15 and before I even was offered a scholarship with the AIS I invited to tour Italy with the AIS team. I guess with basketball there is an amazing opportunity to travel the world, and footy is just within Australia. That aspect of being able to travel the world, hopefully compete at an Olympic Games and play in a World Championship, is probably the biggest thing rather than just staying back in Australia."

Hugh on returning to Australia and the NBL:

"Not really. Right now the NBL is not where it used to be, but I am aware it is rebuilding. The Australian league is always going to be there, and maybe I will come back one day. But at this stage I would like to travel, and make the most of my career before I come back to Australia. Maybe I'll come back when the Hobart Tassie Devils return to the NBL!"

Reply #511491 | Report this post

crocsfan  
Years ago

If Hugh struggles to get a good pro gig in Europe, I think he will bypass NBL and sign with a VIC based AFL club on long term secure contract. More than what any nbl club can offer.

Reply #511501 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Hugh has been in regular contact with Collingwood since he was U16's. If he does not make NBA or Europe he will take AFL before NBL.

Reply #511898 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I cant see him making Europe, let alone NBA.

Reply #512018 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

The truth behind Hugh what drives Hugh. Wherever he plays and and that twitter bully.
http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/michael-greenwood-happy-to-be-the-man-behind-the-mum/story-fnj4f7k1-1227202638090

Reply #512476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754