cheezeburger
Years ago

Dominique Wilkins

im curiuos to hear yout thoughts about this nba superstar of the game.

Career Statistics

G FG% 3PFG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Stls Blks Pts PPG
1,074 .461 .319 .811 7,169 6.7 2,667 2.5 1,378 642 26,668 24.8

Topic #3631 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Nique was Awesome and probably should be remembered for more than his athleticism.

Question for you Cheesburger (NBA fan)...

Where can i find "free" footage of Tom Chambers (Phoenix) 'massive dunk over defenders from the top of the key ? All the Phoenix greats talk about it .. i havent yet seen it .

thanks

skyhook

Reply #42293 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

http://homepage.mac.com/sanvitale/iMovieTheater9.html

With comments from Mitch Richmond on the Dunk, Tom Chambers dunk above.

Reply #42294 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Thanks Doddo

You coaching OS ?

Reply #42296 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Asst Coaching the Münster baketball team for the last three month. In a month I am on the move again to Köln (Cologne). Basketball is really big in Germany since Dirk joined the NBA. Good money aswell. Each coach of a junior team in Münster gets $300 a month and obviously a lot more for seniors. Coaching in 2nd league is a full time job. Team also move between divisions like soccer.

Check out Sabonis vs David Robinson on the same webpage and Ustoppable.

Reply #42297 | Report this post

Tim Hardaway  
Years ago

dominique is a tip jam....I'm in a state... a state of Manic Panic!!!

Reply #42299 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Awesome players, and probably someone that was a little underrated. The Hawks turned to shit when they traded him and haven't gone anywhere since.

The game were he and Bird went a mad in the last, classic...

Another classic, the dunk contests between Nique and Jordon (still have in to good old VHS). Nique last dunk was that crazy two handed windmill and getting ripped with the judges with a 45. Jordon then did the Dr J from the foul line, double clutched in mid air, and walked away with a 50 and the title.

He's actually a forgotten player in some ways, you have a discussion about old school players, and you can talk all day about ewing, barkley, pippen, jordan, malone, stockton, drexler, hakeem, david, but you always seem to forget Nique.

Anyone with the nickname "Human Highlight Film" has to be pretty damn good. He was probably the best thing that Atlanta had ever spent $1 million dollars on.

Reply #42302 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

It's funny that this topic came up today because I was sorting through some of my stuff in storage on the weekend and found my old bball cards. I have almost 2 full pages (16 cards) of Dominique. Some of the highlights include 1991/92 Fleer Team Leader, Fleer 1991 All-Star Team, Upper Deck 1991 & 1992 All-Star and my personal favourite, Upper Deck IN YOUR FACE - Dunk Comp card telling the story of his 1985 and 1990 victories and the close loss to Jordan in 1988.

Great player, average in the high 20's PPG most of his career...

Reply #42322 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

# Ripped off by not getting in the NBA's best 50 of all time.
# Best nickname ever
# Most explosive dunker that I have seen

Reply #42350 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

went through my cards the other day too. realised I could have bought my car CA$H with the money I spent on those things!

no less than 156 David Robinson cards.

'Nique is still the best game dunker, maybe best over-all dunker of all time. So much power.

Reply #42355 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'm the same thedoctor unbelievable how much I spent on cards back in the day. Whatever happened to the good ol' trading of bball cards? Now all they seem to do is trade cheats for console games and DragonBallZ cards or something.!!

Reply #42358 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I swear though I kept Upper Deck in business for 4 years running!!

Reply #42359 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I still have to this day the full set of 92/93 Upper Deck series 2, with redemption. Awesome! Did any of you visit "Stadium" and "Wacko" at the Myer Centre in Rundle Mall to get the cards?

Reply #42365 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I have that same full set MW + series one and 93/94 full sets of Upper Deck.

Reply #42368 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If anyone thinks we need a new thread specifically for basketball card discussions, feel free to start one.

Reply #42372 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Dont forget Sports Card World, with Grant, Matt, Clive, and Boonj!!
Its still there in one of the arcades in town.

I remember doing the rounds in Rundle Mall. At one stage there was about 5 or 6 different stores to go to.

THose were the days..

Reply #42375 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

That Grant from Sports Card World was, and probably still is, a wanker

Reply #42378 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Didn't Rob Rose & Scotty have a card shop for a few years?

Reply #43078 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Yeah it was on Jetty Rd Glenelg...did not last long from memory.

Reply #43086 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

ive got a full set of 94 NBL cards i won at a quiz night once, they are awesome. Mark Davis, Phil Smyth, Rob Rose, a young Brett Maher. Grant Kruger haha i remember him.... the powerhouse all joining in the chant "KRUGERS A W**KER"

Reply #43289 | Report this post

Rev. Bobby Jones  
Years ago

The baddest slam dunk of all-time. The best leaper of all-time. One of the best scorer"s of all-time. My favorite basketball player of all-time. The best attitude basketball has ever seen. Very humble. God bless you and your family Dominque. Rev. Bobby Jones

Reply #77822 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754