Happy Days
Years ago

Childress season over with shoulder injury

Looking at a replacement import to finish off the season.

Topic #36329 | Report this topic

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Wow, Perth might win next sun?

Reply #511730 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Dont jinx it cats4life

Reply #511731 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

A real pity its curtains for childress. He was fantastic for the NBL and especially for the kings

Reply #511732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Looking at a replacement import to finish off the season."

Would that make sense given there aren't enough games left in the season for an import to play the requisite 7 to qualify for the playoffs? (Which the Kings are unlikely to make anyway)

Reply #511733 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bad news for the Kings and the League. Good news for Melbourne who's playoff chances just increased since they still play them twice.

Reply #511735 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Oh bugger...is that the same shoulder that cleaned Wagstaff up ?

Reply #511736 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

cats4life, jinx it all you can

Reply #511737 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

@ bol bol this year is one of the worst displays I have seen from a Perth outfit, they have the talent. Daniels is playing out of his comfort zone, Martin has scored 0 and not as close as the defender he is. Beal, quiet, needed to step up when needed, redhage gas cost us a few games.

Only bright light for me is Jervis and wagstaff and I wouldn't mind them in the starting line up. Haven't got going at all this season and I don't blame gleeson just don't understand having 4 assistant coaches and not replacing Knight make's me wonder why?

Reply #511738 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Jack, if u guy's get in I wouldn't mind, rather see a team with a chance to win the whole thing and not to make up the numbers, cats haven't shown so far any thing. A wasted season to have the chance to go back 2 back. Still, if the make the four and Knight and hire are back, I would be confidant they can beat any one.

Reply #511739 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Ouch, that's not good. Hopefully we see him here next year. Time to cash Childress in on nbl dream team by the looks of it.

Reply #511740 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

cats4life i noticed you changed your handle from 'b2b' recently. Dont tell me your losing the faith in your beloved cats now?

Reply #511745 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Unfortunate, he was one of the best players in the NBL.

I suppose that if you're looking to replace an import, then there's a lot more to choose from, but with only 6 games to play, what are the chances of getting someone in time to make an impact.

Reply #511746 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Just being honest dude, I still believe that they will make the finals, I think united won't. I never give up until that buzzer sounds. To have played and the injuries so far and to think they are only 3 games behind top spot shows that if Perth played half as good as last season, they would be on top or there abouts.

Amazing no one bags Perth when they lose, but when they win, the Marvin conspiracy and this year we have no help at all at home with the ref's. We haven't played well but the refs are so anti Perth atm, u expect to get a few you're way, that's why u have HCA.

Reply #511748 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

With only 6 games left it's not worth replacing him .Unlikely they would have made playoffs anyway

Reply #511751 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Realistically the Kings can't make the playoffs now so why not elevate one of the developmet players to the squad for the rest of the season?

Realistically Childress deserved to be on a better team than what the Kings have had this year.

Reply #511752 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think they have to replace him just to keep competing, which is a must for sponsors and fans. With their best player and starting centre out and not replaced we could see a few repeats of last Sunday.

Reply #511754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sydney don't replace Childress they'll be lucky to win a game - Especially without Brandt

Reply #511755 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If they want to spend good money on a new import that would be good for them, otherwise they should just put Montreal into the team. Not sure how far off Montreal is from naturalising but if it wasn't far away then the investment could pay off now.

Reply #511770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enough with the DQ talk, he wasn't up to it. His name has been recycled all season.

Reply #511772 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

They should try snare another big name even if it is a short stint. The sydney market is important for any future tv deal so they need to keep the fickle spectators interested in the game

Reply #511774 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Bad news for Sydney but could be good for Perth who desperately need a win to stay in finals mix

Reply #511789 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Shouldnt be hard to get a good one for a couple of months.Lots of good ones around.

Reply #511795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will take it any way they can right now. They are the team playing the worst out of the top 5 atm. 6 points in a 4th quarter, just appealing and i love it!

Reply #511797 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Hey anon, you should probably remind us some more that you don't like Perth. Not sure that your message has been coming across lately. I mean, its only been 100 or so posts in the past few days.

Reply #511800 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Good ole Uwe thinking that Anon is the same person

Reply #511807 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

There hasn't been much difference in the tone or language used in a number of these anon posts in the past few days. I think its a safe bet that a great deal of them have come from the same person.

Reply #511810 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Why is it that every thread degenerates into a Wildcats bashing session these days?

Reply #511811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chucks just naturalised.

Reply #511812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how does this effect Childress for MVP?

Reply #511813 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

It means he has less games to earn votes from coaches. As much as he would have been front-runner, I'm not sure his lead would have been so great that he'd be able to hold on to the award.

Reply #511814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because there fan base are arrogant and now have their backs against the wall. Don't worry they've given Adelaide fans plenty on here when we had the mighty mart Clarke leading the charge haha Plus Perth are in a 3 way battle for finals and every move every NBL team makes right now effects the play off picture.

Sydney getting a decent import replacement is all business related for more bums on seats next season. Savvy move if they have the funds.

Reply #511817 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Why is it that every thread degenerates into a Wildcats bashing session these days?

Because as much fun as it is to complain about them when they're doing well, it's even better to put the boot in when they seem to be imploding?

I think they have to replace him just to keep competing, which is a must for sponsors and fans. With their best player and starting centre out and not replaced we could see a few repeats of last Sunday.

This is the main reason why I think that they 100% need to replace him. They can't wait for a scan result, he'll be missing a couple of rounds at the best case scenario, but in that time, we could have dropped below Townsville and be on the way to the wooden spoon (mathematically possible, I think) which, when you've had the most highly credentialed import ever into the league, is NOT a good result, as "yeah, but Childress was out injured for a third of the season" will be left out of discussions in time...

And don't forget that we were without our injury backup for our injured starting centre as well... We need to replace Brandt again on top of Childress...

I was hoping the Lebanese league hadn't started yet, but it did in December, so even less chance of getting Jules (avg 16.1ppg, 2.1bpg, 9.4rpg) back, even temporarily... That could have been a two birds situation...

Reply #511819 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Because there fan base are arrogant and now have their backs against the wall. Don't worry they've given Adelaide fans plenty on here when we had the mighty mart Clarke leading the charge haha

lol... that's certainly a case of pot, kettle, if you're either an Adelaide or Perth fan... Kings fans didn't give the 36ers nearly as much crap as they did themselves, being the most "knowledgeable in the league" lol...

Reply #511820 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You do realise they are only giving Madgen stick dude to his attitude and outstanding acting ability... Sydney is neither here nor there for Adelaide fans...

Reply #511821 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Except people are trying to discuss the scenarios and their form/injury concerns sensibly but you keep coming in with "haha cant wait til the Cats loose there so arrogant lol". You're not impressing anyone.

Reply #511822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I have no issues with the Kings at all, intact I really like them! The league needs them to be solid too. Im just having a bit of fun with the Cats demise, and its certainly ruffling some feathers, or fur, or whatever you wanna call it. All good, Basketball is the winner.

As soon as Madgen is out of contract, id love the 36ers to make a run, he has a nasty side, i like that.

Reply #511824 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Bad news for Sydney but could be good for Perth who desperately need a win to stay in finals mix

On the other hand, it also makes Melbourne's run home significantly easier, which hurts Perth.

Reply #511826 | Report this post

Blitz101  
Years ago

Is there any such rule that if u are rubbed out for a game or 2 you can't win MVP like the brownlow?

Reply #511827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't believe so. Centrebet are still listing him as MVP favourite.

Melbourne have the easy run home from here so their destiny is definitely in their hands. Perth are Adelaide's best chance, especially with a game against each other coming up.

Reply #511830 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Brownlow is Best & Fairest but MVP is most valuable, with no fair play or sportsmanship criterion. So suspension shouldn't affect eligibility.

Reply #511832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac I think its time to talk to Oscar, Hawks need to hook us up with a big home win Friday!

Reply #511841 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Is this a joke?
No story/report/news on either Kings' or NBL web sites?

Reply #511940 | Report this post

rabbit 85  
Years ago

Going up on website now, apparently

Reply #511943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way he can win MVP now if gone? The amount of games played would lower total amount of points earned, is that how it works?

Reply #511944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FYI: Good ole Uwe thinking that Anon is the same person

hahahahaha

Reply #511945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was Bevo really the head coach of Shanghai Sharks last season?

Reply #511949 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Funny in these days of technology how long it takes for these announcements to be made.

Reply #511956 | Report this post

Needsadrink  
Years ago

What the article didn't mention is Childress injured himself when he went to foul the Sixers player on a drive and made no attempt whatsoever for the ball but went straight for their arm. Wasn't called unsportsmanlike but I thought it was. Potential to dislocate shoulders of either player fouling like that. I never wish to see any player injured but in my opinion it was a low act and he paid the price.

Reply #511957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a foul but I can't see how you could call that a low act.

Reply #511960 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL tweets:

Sydney Kings import forward Josh Childress will miss the remainder of the 2014/15 NBL season

Reply #511974 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/yqwfmh5kkxud1dwrz3yia6gcx

Picture on NBL says it all...

Reply #511978 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Oh yes, fouling a player on his way to the basket, what a low act. You never see that happen in a game of basketball.
You're so right "Needsalife" Childress thoroughly deserves a potentially career ending injury for that.

Reply #511986 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Needsadrink, perhaps you don't need anymore to drink.

Reply #511999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a foul needsadrink. End of story. Maybe you should follow soccer or tiddlywinks. Perhaps chess?
Croquet?

Reply #512012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke if you think that's a low act - maybe you're right and in future all players should just stand back and allow lay ups.

Reply #512056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754