Samuel
Years ago

NBL MVP Race

With Childress now out for the season. He must now be out of the NBL MVP race so who are the top 5 options?

Conklin
McRae
Wilbekin
Jackson
Wilson

Topic #36349 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Childress was still favourite last I checked. If no Kings steal his votes, he might carry through.

Wilson will lose some to Motum, one game to Gibson, etc. Kickert has had his moments for Melbourne.

I have money on Jackson and then Wilson as a dark horse ($17).

Reply #512282 | Report this post

J-dogg  
Years ago

Isaac thanks for deleting my post but Wilson has zero chance of winning despite you trying to suck people in at $17...

Reply #512285 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Based on how the MVP voting goes, Conklin would have to be right up there. Childress would of been a certainty if he had played more than 18 games.

Reply #512286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress may already have gotten enough votes to hold on

Reply #512287 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

J-Dogg, Wilson would of polled votes in a number of games....maybe not a certain recipient but certainly a dark horse and in the running.

Reply #512288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The year Gary Ervin won he missed about a months worth of games from memory.

The year lisch won he played every game. Jackson missed perhaps 2 games and it probably cost him the mvp. Jamar Wilson almost won that year by playing steady on a bad team without many other players taking votes off him.

Childress missing a third of the season would really stretch things. He is probably favourite because the bookies have taken the most money on him during the season or they don't know how the voting works or both. Although if there is a player that could win the MVP missing a lot of time it is Childresss. He would have been so far ahead before the hamstring injury that its not funny.

This years winner won't be McRae unless he has a great end to the year. Wortho was better in games early and Kickert has also been good once he found his feet.

My box trifecta would be Jackson, Childress, Conklin.

Reply #512289 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I could see Childress successfully doing what GAJ nearly did and winning on rapid early vote accumulation.

But he did miss games with suspension and earlier injuries.

Reply #512290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way the votes work it will spend on how many 5 votes the coaches gave Childress in his dominant games - would not have many taking votes from him , so if kings win he would be getting 4 or 5 out of the 10 votes given by each coach ( with 5 being the max given to any one player)

Unlike for Jackson , Wilson, McRae where others would split up the 10 votes more evenly.

Reply #512291 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You would think that Childress would have enough to sneak over the line. His stats are 21.1 ppg @ 51.1%, 9.2 rpg, 4.2 apg, 0.8 spg

McRae will be right up there (20.0, 4.3, 2.6, 0.9), with Conklin (19.6, 6.3, 1.5, 0.5) and Jackson (14.8, 5.4, 6.0, 2.2) pretty close. Wilbekin started with a flurry, but has eased and Wilson has other guys stealing votes.

I think Jackson might pinch it from Childress. Do they do count backs?

Jackson - 44 points
Childress - 43
McRae - 40
Conklin - 36

Reply #512359 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

DQ for MVP!!!!

Oh wait......

Bueller? Bueller?

Reply #512412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DQ didn't play enough games to win the award this season.

Reply #512416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754