Bulldog
Years ago

Ingles on Euro crowds

Ingles reflecting on Euro crowds to his Jazz teammates in an article about the Jazz-Warriors game:

"I've had all kinds of things thrown at me and fans spit at you," Ingles said with a laugh. "I've seen a lot. Teammates been hit with objects and start bleeding. ... You name it and I've either had it thrown at me or one of my teammates has. ... It's nice to be able to just go into an arena and not get abused and stuff thrown at you every week.

Topic #36362 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great win by the Jazz over the Warriors today and Ingles scoring double figures which a crucial rebound late to seal the win too.

Reply #512573 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

The first ever NBA game to have 3 Aussie starters?

Reply #512586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure last season one GS/SA game Bogut, Mills & Baynes all started.

Reply #512589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it was the one where bogut and baynes were in the jump and the tap went to party.

Ingles killing it. Good to see after a lot of people on this forum wrote him off a couple of months ago.

Reply #512600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is interesting to read his open and honest appraisal of Eurobasket crowds. The emotion and racial antics of sporting crowds in Europe have been noted in many sports over the years, not just basketball, but there is no excuse for such poor sportsmanship and disgusting, dangerous behaviour.

Thank goodness the USA and Australian sporting landscape is much more civilised and modern!

Reply #512630 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Its a bit hard not to be racial and emotive when your particular group ( by language , state or self-identified "race") may have had dozens . hundreds or thousands of its members forced out of their homes or towns, or just lined up and shot.

And all of that well within living memory ( if not even just last year) . Not an excuse, but it may make it difficult.

Seeing recent bullet holes in a 300 year old church in the capital of the the former Yugoslavia back in 2003/6 make an Aussie realise that our lack of internal waring using guns on local populace, in the last 100 years - is not actually normal for the majority of the world.

just sayin'

Reply #512637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Thank goodness the USA and Australian sporting landscape is much more civilised and modern!"

what?

Yeah I just looooove the sterility of the artificial atmosphere with tacky entertainment to generate crowd noise, lack of passion and the franchise model. Europe all the way.

Reply #512695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that's an excuse for throwing objects and spitting on players? You're welcome to piss off back to Europe.

Reply #512791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754