Dunkin' Dan
Years ago

R17: Wildcats vs Kings

Realistically this is a must-win game for the Wildcats if they plan to not kill off their playoff streak. It's one of the two "should win" games left on our schedule, the other being the Crocs coming here for our last game of the season (though that one is after the Cats playing on the road 2 nights prior).

Really no excuses at all for Perth in this one. Knight or no Knight, our list of outs is nothing compared to the loss of Childress for Sydney.

Topic #36363 | Report this topic

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

@PerthWildcats
Matt Knight has just passed a fitness test at @PerthArena & WILL play this afternoon! http://bit.ly/1ymvpLH #RedArmy

Reply #512643 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Matt Knight cleared to play. Would have gone with Perth regardless and expect them to win a close one.

Reply #512644 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Perth should win, but they don't look anything special in a must won game. Slow and tired against a team that has not much to play for....

Reply #512669 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Haha Mike Ellis just called out Redhage for flopping, it is what it is. You know your a flopper when a great of the club has to admit it!

Reply #512670 | Report this post

ronny  
Years ago

Knight looks pretty damn good

Reply #512671 | Report this post

Green 76  
Years ago

Perth look tired. Knight looks great though. Sydney just don't have the talent without Childress though

Reply #512672 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Childress makes everything easier for everyone else on that Kings team. Thats the sign of a MVP. Shame this would've been a cracker if he was in.

Reply #512675 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Ugly game. Wildcats far from convincing despite the Kings being very ordinary.

Reply #512677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats in front, queue comments that they are getting the calls.

Reply #512678 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

Not last week. But undoubtedly that's changed this week. But it's only a co incidence ;)

Reply #512679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah that's right, last week they weren't getting the calls. Nothing else has changed though.

Reply #512680 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

That game was garbage. I'm not going to be too critical of the Cats since they never looked in danger, but it's not one they'll take many positives out of either.
Very happy to see Hire & Knight both looking relatively healthy though. Knight reminding everyone why he was missed so badly the last month.
Still plenty of players down on their best though.

Reply #512686 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

A real "paint-by-numbers" sort of win.

Knight's impact was immediate and significant.

Reply #512687 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Cats looked ordinary and to win like that and kings 2 key players out, cairns next Friday will absolutely smash perth which will helps the Sixers cause.

Reply #512688 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Thanks for the input again Sixers147. How did you go with your prediction of an Adelaide win by 30?

Must be strange to hate another team with more intensity than you support your own.

Reply #512689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every NBL game is ordinary

Reply #512691 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Sixers,

It's not like the result was close, 80-61. I don't think you get to make those kind of statements about a 19-pt margin.

Well, not if you're both serious and mentally functional, anyway.

Reply #512692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ellis isn't the only one from Perth calling out Redhage for flopping. On Perth radio last week the ABC commentary team (Wildcats homers) were also talking about it.

Have a look at Joyce's stat line. 10:18 played for 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 and negative stats of 0/1 FG (a crappy 3PT attempt) and 1 turnover. Disgusting. Cotter was pressured by Joyce Sr. to sign him but why play him for ten minutes. I know the bench is short at present but blooding youngsters > D Joyce.

Reply #512693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Every NBL game is ordinary"

this.

Reply #512694 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Redhage is really fading and his shots aren't falling. At danger of becoming a glorified energy player rather than a starter who can be trusted with a big chunk of the scoring load.

Reply #512696 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Also, Damo, 6/8 shooting, continuing to show great offensive form. I knew he had it in him :D Plus 7r, 4a.

Reply #512697 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

Redhage suffering effects of a virus the past week. Sixers147, serious, your comments are childish. Cats will take a 19 point win. That was 5 games in 11 days, despite the injuries 2-3 is respectable, 3-2would have been the aim. Look at cairns, beat Hawks by 3 top versus bottom, you cannot take any game for granted.

Reply #512703 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

"Every NBL game is ordinary"

Certainly the case this weekend. Terrible games.

Reply #512705 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Is it a case that Wagstaff should now start and have Redhage come off the bench?

Reply #512706 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Nathan of Perth - I wonder if he saw the comments about his shooting on here a couple of weeks ago! :D

Reply #512714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendrick Perry will go down in history as one of the worst Kings imports ever (and there have been some shockers). Damian Cotter made a fatal mistake not cutting this kid five games in. Would struggle to get a game in SEABL.

The Kings did what they could, but they are so talent-poor it's almost comical. Perth did very little to impress outside the return of Matt Knight. Won't win the title this season IMO. Just aren't playing with the conviction they did last season.

Reply #512720 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Was always going to be a win for Perth with Knight in and Childress gone. Still, nice to see Perth win easily, whilst holding their opponents to only 61.
Obviously great to have Knight back, but very gratifying to see his immediate return to form. Also another great performance from Damo.

Lack of quality input from others is a worry. Hopefully Redhage is just recovering from illness, but Beal was down for the 2nd game, and DD also had an off game.

Great to see the season back on track, with Perth now all but guaranteed a finals berth.

As for "Sixers147" I doubt he's really a 6's fan, probably just somebody who got sacked by the Wildcats and has an axe to ground.

Reply #512733 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Beal is doing okay, drawing immediately double-teams though. This is where Damo attacking will break the shackles on him. Will be better the more Redhage sits and Wagstaff plays. If Redhage has another year left it will probably be as a bench player.

Reply #512739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Haha Mike Ellis just called out Redhage for flopping, it is what it is. You know your a flopper when a great of the club has to admit it!"

Wonder if he acknowledges his own son as one of the leagues biggest floppers too.

Reply #512764 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Not saying that Redhage's flopping wasn't as good/bad as its ever been yesterday but when the refs reward Garlepp for completely staging a hit to the face from Jervis, what do they expect players to do?

Reply #512766 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Blood boiled, Jervis holding him off with the arm bar and all of a sudden his head and arm go flying back, yeesh.

Reply #512767 | Report this post

SO  
Years ago

Hi. Cannot believe how last years premiers could only beat a completely uncompetitive Kings team by 19 points. The Perth players should be ashamed. How can the NBL allow this farce to continue?

Reply #512768 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Hi. What?

Reply #512769 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Dear SO,

Please report to your nearest medical centre to arrange a CAT scan. Something is wrong.

Reply #512775 | Report this post

SO  
Years ago

Really Nathan,
On Sunday Kings had 5 players who don't belong in the NBL, no effective import players. If you think they are a competitive team you either are the one needing medical help or know nothing about about b/ball.

Reply #512776 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

SO, there is 4 players in that team that don't have the ability to be in the NBL. A 19 point win is fine. How much do you expect teams to beat them by?

You say the other poster doesn't "know nothing about bball" yet make the statement of "Cannot believe how last years premiers could only beat a completely uncompetitive Kings team by 19 points." They won last years final but they have lost the best player in the league as well as having players come back from injury. So you acting like it is the same team shows you know nothing about bball.

Reply #512780 | Report this post

Vodka 63  
Years ago

Surely SO and Sixers 147 are one and the same?

Reply #512781 | Report this post

SO  
Years ago

King James,
Ennis wasn't the best player in the NBL last year as you well know. Some guy from W/Gong clearly was. The 5th player I referred to was Perry, and my comment stands.
Knight was Perth's best player despite coming back from injury. Also Hire was reasonable. Funny that. Shoots your diatribe to bits.
Obviously you are a Perth supporter. It is unfair to other NBL teams in finals contention who played Sydney at full strength that other teams like Melbourne who play them now have a guaranteed win.

Reply #512783 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

SO, how is that guy from W/Gong going in the NBA this year? He is much more talented than Ennis that I expect him to have a great career in the NBA....

The point remains this Wildcats team is not as talented as last years and has little to no chance of winning it this year.

Actually I am a Sixers fan.

"It is unfair to other NBL teams in finals contention who played Sydney at full strength that other teams like Melbourne who play them now have a guaranteed win."

That is just bad luck isn't it.

Reply #512788 | Report this post

SO  
Years ago

King James. Only saw the two play in the NBL last year. On that basis if I was running an NBL team I would pick Rotnei Clarke over Ennis as an import every time. Not even close. FYI, I am not a Hawks supporter.
If Melbourne pip Adelaide to get in the finals because of the Kings woes, I guess it will still be bad luck then.

Reply #512790 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

"if I was running an NBL team I would pick Rotnei Clarke over Ennis as an import every time. Not even close.":

hahahahhahahahahha

Reply #512794 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

SO no more drugs and internet for you.

Reply #512798 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Welcome to the forum SO - you're funny!

Reply #512803 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

No but seriously, schedule that CAT scan.

Reply #512810 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

SO: Kings played pretty badly but they have proven they can be competitive without Chikdress this year... They won a game or two without him earlier in the season I beleive. Credit to Perth ( who had just played 4 games in 9 days) too come out and win by 19 points. I had only tipped them to win by single figures.

On the comment about Rotnei being better than Ennis, Rotnei won the MVP award but that doesn't necessarily make him the best player. There's been a lot of debate on these forums about who was the better player but you can't argue the fact that Ennis playing in the NBA is a good indication of who was the better player. If Ennis was playing for Hawks and Rotnei for Perth, I think Ennis woukd of won MVP.

Wilson Sting is right , your funny... But a little bit cray cray

Reply #512815 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I was at this game. It was a very .... average game. I dont remember seeing a Dunk and for the first minute of that last Quarter... the play and skills were appallingly bad from both teams.

Reply #512831 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That lob-fest? Yeah, that was a very forgettable minute of basketball.

Reply #512832 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Wildcats TV from this game had a few good moments, one of which I know a few non Cats fans will enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPb5-Hvdgw

Reply #512875 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754