Anonymous
Years ago

Lauren Jackson out for remainder of the season

Looks like Jackson has been ruled out for the remainder of the season, and is to undergo further knee surgery next week.
What is the injury to her knee at the moment?
Is it looking like she has much left in her?

Topic #36385 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you think her career is over?

Reply #513072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to retire she has not been able to get back on a cry for more than a game without suffering another injury episode for years.

Reply #513074 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Plenty of time before now and the Olympics to get it all right. Rio will be her last stand in my estimation.

Reply #513078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does BA get any of their cash back?

Reply #513088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Joyce makes the hard call and brings in someone else for Olympics.
Francis/Bishop should get the nod or look to the future and roll the dice with Bunton/Mijovic/Sherf who all have been involved in Aus camps past 12 months.

Love LJ but her body is not coping and personally I think she's lost interest.

Opals need to run with Cambage, Taylor, Mitchell, Bishop, Phillips as there go to Aussies for medals.
Tess Madgen also should be a lock. With Jenna O'hea being told top pull her finger out.
Snell as pinch hit shooter. We have good size and mobility, our problem is outside Penny Taylor we struggle to get to rim off dribble. Madgen can support this.

Love our options and we need to get serious and real about showing the world. Bishop, O'Hea need to sort themselves out with BA/Joyce and Joyce needs to stop wasting time with Nat Burton, Tess Lavey, Rebecca Allen.

Putting my team together no brainer

C- Cambage
PF - Bishop
SF - Penny Taylor
SG - Snell
PG - Mitchell or Phillips

6 man - O'Hea (SF/SG)
Back up C - Tolo
Back up PF - Francis
Combo Guard - Tess Madgen / Kelly Wilson

Emerg -
Laura Hodges
Steph Talbot
Alex Bunton
Carley Mijovic

We need to look to the future.

Reply #513203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasting time with Bec Allen??! She should have had more time at World Champs!

Reply #513204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bec Allen is a typical "flavour" of the month/year player.
Has the size and length of potential international but is as soft as marshmallow.

Doesn't have killer winning attitude like Madgen, Taylor, Snell and Phillips.

Agree - Should be an emergency and deserves that spot on WNBL season. Rebecca Cole plays hard and makes up the difference for Allen's softness.
Rebecca has good hands and reads the play well but hates contact and tuff play. USA style wont suit and the sisters over there will eat and spit her out.

Not an elite shooter, not an elite passer need one of those tools to be elite.
Snell Elite shooter, Madgen tuff as nails, Wilson elite shooter and combo PG.

Don't like hating on Rebecca because she's a lovely person and team player. But not a contender for Opals spot.

Reply #513205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This contract LJ signed with Canberra is starting to look like the contract Fevola signed with Brisbane in terms of value to the club.

She is on track to get paid about 100K+ a game.

Its been all downhill since they didn't get the deal done pre or post Olypmics and she took off to China for a season (as Patty Mills found out they don't really treat imports that well medically). She hasn't done much in the way of meaningful basketball since then.

I'd imagine as Jalen Rose says that she will "keep cashing dem cheques" until this Canberra deal runs out then retire.

Kind of like the Kobe situation with LA right now, and if I was LJ I'd do the same.

Reply #513212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754