Anonymous
Years ago

domestic basketball melbourne

Looking for a domestic basketball club in se suburbs of melbourne. My son is 15 years old and has aspergers (high functioning) any help greatly appreciated.

Topic #36387 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couple of questions? Does he want to play with kids his own age? and are you East/West/North/South Melbourne area?

Reply #513295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you for replying
yes he would like to play with kids his own age.

South East Melbourne. but willing to travel to find the right club.

Reply #513342 | Report this post

Colours  
Years ago

Collingwood is a very inclusive club.

Reply #513357 | Report this post

Colours  
Years ago

I suggested Collingwood, because I know they have some kids on the spectrum playing on their regular teams, and I think they also have All Abilities teams. On the other hand, Collingwood plays in the Eastern Districts Junior basketball League, which is a great competition, but since the age group cut offs change every season, it means the teams get changed a bit every season too. You may prefer your kid to be in a stable team that stays together for a while. The other thing about the EDJBA is that there are so many different venues- it seems like thousands of different primary schools, which you can never find the entry gate to! Which can be stressful. And the games are always at different times too. Maybe somewhere like Waverly - I think they play at Waverly stadium every week at the same time.

Reply #513360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nunawading for sure.

Reply #513378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you for your help
I am after a domestic club, have tried the stadiums with not much luck.

Reply #513412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try knox, or clubs like south east eagles, all stars, wasps. All big domestic clubs at knox

Reply #513447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754