Happy Days
Years ago

Is Jordan McCrae good enough for the NBA?

While on the topic i thought i would throw this one in as well.I think he could but a couple of years in the tough European leagues would help.Needs to mature and toughen up mentally.

Topic #36429 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Good enough? Maybe... but does he have the skill set for it? Don't think so.
He's got that scorers/central offense skillset that only works in the NBA if you are an absolute gun. Which he isn't.
And he doesn't really have that one attribute that he can bring to a game/team. He's quick, but not hugely quick. Can shoot, but isn't knock down. Has good handles, but not outstanding. Isn't a 3 and D guy etc.
I've only seen him play 3 or 4 times, so basing off what I've seen.
He'd be a good Euro/some random country type where he can play his Aussie role, but earn more.

Reply #513990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not good enough for United

Reply #513992 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I think MacRae is a very good player, one of the best in the NBL. But I haven't really seen enough to evaluate him, and I really don't know what works in the NBA.

I imagine he would need to make it as an SG in the NBA?
His size and speed is handy for a guard in the NBL, but I'm guessing that in the NBA he'd have to much more of an outside shooter?

Reply #513993 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

No!

Reply #514223 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

He looks too skinny to start with and his technique shooting 3s just looks inaffective (obviously it's far from it) but it's hard to know what he can do to stand out from the rest.

If I was Wollongong I'd chase him hard (providing they cJt lure Rotnei back).

I like what he says in interviews but I'm not sure he is going to get the chance in the NBA but good luck to him, I reckon there is worse players that have played in the NBA

Reply #515365 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754