Anon
Years ago

Childress Tweet

So, Childress has tweeted something he claims a ref said to Cairns Coach.

Thoughts anyone ?

Topic #36430 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Josh Childress@JChillin

Reply #513995 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

" I think you'll win anyway. Just quietly."

Not quietly enough, apparently

Reply #513996 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Smartest thing a ref has said all season. Completely inappropriate though.

Reply #514016 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I think it would have been in regards to Fearne having a bitch and moan to him about something, so nothing sinister about it, but certainly inappropriate and I wonder if Hollywood is on top of that instead of correcting commentators about scheduling comments...

Reply #514024 | Report this post

Plastic Man  
Years ago

I wasn't at the game and didn't see it on telly - but if the ref said it to Fearne and he is at one end of the Court and Childress is at the other on the Kings bench the Ref must have yelled it out for Childress to hear it and that implies everyone in the boxes, score bench or the dudes they get to sit between the benches and the score table would've heard it too. Just say'n

Reply #514061 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I don't think Childress has a good track record of late when it comes to being entirely truthful when using social media.

Reply #514062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldn't NBL athletes be banned from twitter?

Reply #514071 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Hehe, did that while reffing a one-sided first round women's football cup game.

Was something like 12-0 and the winning team had a kvetch at me about something and I told her to just ease off, you're up by so much I'll have to send off to NASA to figure out the final score. I don't think she liked it but I didn't get any more trouble.

Reply #514080 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Please explain Uwe Blab, Im curious.... Most people I've spoken to says he a legit character and is a solid guy.

Reply #514092 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

He posted something on facebook about the NBL rejecting the bid to sign Harrington due to timing. That isn't true.

Reply #514097 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Oh ok, who really knows, I'm sure Al had some inside words for him on that subject. Maybe more to that. He won me over big with the love he gave the under privileged kids not long ago.

Reply #514098 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Not taking anything away from the charity work he does. I just think he could be a bit too quick to shoot first, ask questions later.

Reply #514102 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Possibly referring to Al's reply to an NBL fans tweet asking him if he really considered coming and playing down under... his "yeah, I considered it, but just wasn't the right time" response can also be taken with a grain of salt...

I'd be more inclined to trust JChill and assume that Al is just putting a polite spin on it instead of saying "yeah, but they knocked me back", instead of the alternative of JChill being untruthful...

Reply #514105 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I was just curious, thought there was something more sinister he may've done. Id say he would be shooting from what Harrington said to him off the record. But who knows, would've been a interesting way for the Kings to finish up. Childress is in his right to speak up on this ref subject for mine, if it causes a stir and stops the refs from stupidity in long term its good.

Reply #514107 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Childress' comment on Facebook as you say you saw Uwe was absolutely 100% correct. Al Harrington's signing was denied by the NBL due to timing, as was Muo and DQ. All three were denied due to timing.

They were denied because of the 75% games played rule, which has everything to do with timing.

Reply #514108 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

So its completely unbelievable that Harrington was not quite interested in a 6 week gig, which may have impacted him signing a longer deal in another league? Rightio...

Damn that Harrington and his filthy lies!

Reply #514109 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

"Childress' comment on Facebook as you say you saw Uwe was absolutely 100% correct. Al Harrington's signing was denied by the NBL due to timing, as was Muo and DQ. All three were denied due to timing."

Sure thing.

Reply #514110 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

No that is completely plausible that Harrington didn't want to come.

But you outing Childress as untrustworthy because of a Facebook post which was not untrue as the NBL did say no to him signing because of timing.

Reply #514111 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Ok then, his facebook post is misleading if he knowingly told only half the story. NBL would have said no, even if he wanted to come, which he didn't.

Reply #514113 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Whether he told the whole story, half the story or a quarter of a story, the information given was factually correct. End of story.

Reply #514115 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

How do you know he didn't want to come, why waste his time enquiring on any level unless he was interested. I was just curious about the Childress stuff, but Uwe you seem very sure about Harrington not being keen. How so...

Reply #514119 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

"Whether he told the whole story, half the story or a quarter of a story, the information given was factually correct. End of story."

No, telling half the story has led to weeks of unnecessary potshots at the league for mismanagement, short-sightedness, conflicts of interest etc. Telling the full story would have changed that conversation from the start.

Reply #514120 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

"How do you know he didn't want to come, "

He has tweeted two NBL fans who asked him whether he was actually planning on coming or not. Both tweets said he considered it but the move wasn't right for him at the time.

So while we're all aware of the 75% rule that is in place, complaining that the league was narrow-minded for not making a decision based on the exceptional circumstances, is way off the mark.

Reply #514124 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Let's just see when Harrington signs with someone else, that will shine some light on whether Uwe Blab knows something or not.

Reply #514127 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well he is basing his knowledge on 2 tweets, 140 characters. Either way Harrington isn't going to spill the beans on the full story if there even is one. Figured Uwe had more concrete info than that, hence my curiosity. All good interesting topic.

Reply #514128 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Why wouldn't he? He could very easily have said "would have loved to but league rules stated I can't" and left it at that. That would at least support the claim that the ONLY reason he isn't here is because the league stopped him from being here.

Reply #514130 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Seems he is pretty keen on getting back to the NBA by the end of this season. If he had signed with the Kings, he would be jeopardising his chances of landing a late-season contract.

Reply #514131 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ahh he would be getting in game shape, the Kings have what 2 weeks left. He would be getting paid to train and get an experience. Its not even the All star break yet. And he may simply to have wanted to come, and maybe he just couldn't be stuffed discussing with 2 random nil fans on social media. Point is no one really knows. Personally id trust Childress post over anything else.

Reply #514132 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Yep, best to assume its all one big conspiracy. Its clearly the most logical solution.

Is this trust for Childress based on things like when he said he'd never done anything like this before, when referring to the Wagstaff forearm?

Reply #514133 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, I also thought Uwe Blab must have come across something of note, not just read a tweet and decided to interpret one way at the exclusion of all others.

"The timing wasn't right" is just as likely to describe the fact he was a week late to fit into NBL rules as it is anything else as far as I can see.

Reply #514135 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Good one paul, deliberately re-write the words from the tweet or my summary of it in order to make it easier to challenge the point. How about this;

"Did the NBL really reject Harrington's from playing the rest of the season?"

Harrington - "...not true bro"

How should that be interpreted?

Reply #514137 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Why does every discussion have to become a childish thing... jesus i don't even much to be honest. Uwe you just seem so admit I fgured you had concrete stuff, you don't. You brought the Wagstaff thing really, more cats huh

Reply #514146 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

What?

Its got nothing to do with the Cats, its about Childress' believability. He said on the Fox Sports interview that it was totally out of character for him and he'd never done anything like it before. Also not true.

Reply #514148 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Uwe obviously has his own agenda which is biasing his POV, which is within his right... the truth is, no-one ACTUALLY knows what the real story is and we're all reading a lot of stuff into just a few words...

Reply #514150 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I have no agenda or bias. I always thought there was more to the story than just "NBL didn't let him" and I'm seeing things that support that.

Reply #514151 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You can extrapolate from what you've seen to believe what you want, that's no drama, but some of us need a little more of a handle to grab than what you've presented.

The reality is the Kings were told they couldn't sign a replacement because of the 75% rule, it's nothing to do with conspiracies.

Reply #514157 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"He won me over big with the love he gave the under privileged kids not long ago."

He won me over with the elbow to Wagstaff's throat.

Reply #514160 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

So you can make a decision based on no concrete information at all (remember, neither the league nor the Kings have made an official statement) but as soon as some evidence points to the contrary (you know, the guy involved saying he didn't actually want to come here), you decide that isn't enough for you to make up your mind. Good to know for the future.

Reply #514161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watch the NBL replay of Adel v Syd and look to TO vision of Childress standing on the left with coaches. Watch carefully and post what you see.

Camera on Sixers Huddle, swings over to Sydneys.

Reply #514168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

remember he was waived from numerous nba teams and ask why

Reply #514169 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

"watch the NBL replay of Adel v Syd and look to TO vision of Childress standing on the left with coaches. Watch carefully and post what you see."

Would be easier if you just told us what happened.

Reply #514171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

need to see it to make you own interpretation but it involves his knee and the coaches board.

Reply #514175 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm Lost

Reply #514182 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754