Bulldog
Years ago

Erin wants to play in Adelaide

Erin Phillips has told Boti that she wants to play WNBL in Adelaide. Great to hear. Now lets get a team for her to play for SA.

"The problem is knowing who to deal with. My agent Hugh Sandie has reached out to Mark Hubbard but got an 'out of office' email back and talks I had with (Sixers general manager) Dean Parker (last year) also weren’t followed up."

If there is no Adelaide team or they take too long, she already has been offered a spot at a new WNBL team.

Also has signed a new 3 year WNBA contract. Good to see the Aussies blossoming.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/erin-phillips-keen-to-play-for-adelaide-but-lightnings-wnbl-future-in-doubt/story-fnaqgujp-1227213463029

Topic #36441 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

She was sitting in the row in front of me the other night. But the group she was with appeared to be Sydney supporters, so I assumed she was here with the Kings/Flames. But if she's available to play for us, that's pretty awesome if they can make it happen.

Reply #514239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She is not the only player being scouted by the new franchise. Which is great for he girls so they have more teams in the market bidding for them.

Reply #514241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know the ins & outs but doesn't that sound a bit like airing dirty laundry?

I'm an Erin fan but I think I remember her saying publicly to Boti last time a few years ago she had interest in playing for the Lightning and that at the time she was still waiting for a phone call back from them or something like that.

Reply #514254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This seems to happen each and every year.

Seem to remember her saying she would play for free and then hearing she was asking over $100k.

Reply #514262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really much to read here. The main part being she is not going back to the Phx Mercury and looks to be heading to LA or NY.

A team without an owner and potentially no licence to play in the WNBL next season hasn't offered her 6 figures right away to play.... Meh....

Reply #514270 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Maybe her dad can buy the team?

Reply #514482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's the new team?

Reply #514577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A new team will be based in Brisbane.

Reply #515341 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Uni SA

Reply #515889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754