WHO THE HELL
Years ago

New District Team?

i heard a rumor that there is a new team coming into the district competition... i think they were called magic or something... can any1 confirm or deny this rumor...?

Topic #3648 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

There is a district team affiliated with BASA called Northern Magic. Is this what you are on about?

Reply #42509 | Report this post

zombie  
Years ago

OMG! WOT! REALLY?

Reply #42525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where they come from? Where is their stadium? Any good ?

Reply #42567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will be just another slap in the face for Centrals. If another club from the Northern suburnbs come into the competition, more kids from the Northern area will not be playing for Centrals. Thus they are being pushed further down rather than assisted.

Reply #42572 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

maybe THIS northern suburbs team can pay for their own uniforms

Reply #42615 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Rumours about the Magic team have been around for a while. First I heard of this team joining the regular competition was 6 months ago.

Reply #42616 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

they r a social team (aka the colt by woodville players) from st clair. and ihave heard that a few of my team mates for next season may be playing for em. i will have to knock some heads if that happens

Reply #42617 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

they would only be around a northern rattlers type situation

i think some retro centrals / woodville people are involved

Reply #42627 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

if it is teh difference between the kids playing district basketball or not

it is ok

logistically it seems unneccisary with both woodville and west near st clair - both clubs down on numbers - especially west junior girls

Reply #42628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do BASA allow these "clubs" with only a couple of teams to enter the district competition? Why not just give the interested people the contact details of local member clubs and tell them to play there?
(Although I use the term member clubs this is not meant to refer to Eastern as they field teams in most grades and service an area that is not easily accessible to other clubs.) Last year I watched a game that Torrens Valley was playing. This was their only team in the particular age group and they were entered in Division 5. They absolutely slaughtered their opposition who were the equivalent of the sixth team in the age group (due to 2 div 4 teams). Wouldnt it be more beneficial to these players to be playing for a club that could offer them opportunity to play at a higher level (even if that level is div 3 or 4).

What do people think ?

Reply #42637 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

there is so much politics many have lost the plot of this or have been scarred for life.

yes ideally being sent to a club would be ideal - but it does not happen

BASA has the big picture - but day to day people things causes this situation

another club should not be allowed to start until all existing relevant teams and places are full.

I am stuffed why the adults organizing this can not allign with a club.

Bizzarely - I know of some clubs that would not get out of bed for Andrew bogut - so perhaps these people are using some initiative

Reply #42644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hmmmmmm so there might be a new team coming next season...? nothings known for sure? i think its awsome if theres a new club comming in... im sick of all the bloody politics in my club!!! i used to be div1 but now am in div2... now al the div1's treat me like shit... they all show ponies n think they r top shit... im not mentioning any names or the club... i jus can see y people would want to form a new club...

Reply #42722 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

right on i think every1 can understand why and i dare say a few players will move to a new club if created

Reply #42733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely agree, I left one of the Div 1 clubs a few years back because of all the politics and bulls*t that goes on within them and havent looked back.
I love being able to play a high grade of basketball with my current club, with great people without having to worry about any of the crap that goes around with the other clubs.
Not everyones basketball needs fit within the structure that district clubs (member clubs) provide.

Reply #42737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...ooh geez

Reply #42814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey boys u should call new team the figjams

Reply #46032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Above post says it all!!!!!!!!

Reply #50927 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754