Jack Toft
Years ago

R19: Kings v Hawks

Hawks catch the train up the coast to the big smoke today to do battle with their favourite team, the Kings, in the NSW Derby. With both teams out of finals, nothing but pride on the table. The Kings have been unable to take a trick the last few weeks losing 4 on the trot, but with Brandt back in the side, Larry "The Lounge Lizzard" Davidson will have his work cut out for him. The Hawks will finish bottom regardless of the next 3 games, but that doesn't mean Gordie won't be shovelling coal into the engine at a rapid rate of knots.

The Hawks have had an awkward season, but just seem to be coming good at the wrong time. The Kings have hit a wall. With Kevin White top score again?

I'm thinking this will be a great game and the result will very much depend on both coaches creating mis-matches on the court to their own advantage. It's up to the assistants to watch the plays and let the coaches know the gaps. To that end, The Red Fox is the man who does it better, so I am expecting the Hawks to upset the Kings at home.

Add a few minutes to the Ten broadcast, I'm expecting an OT game this afternoon, but Hawks by about 3.

Topic #36493 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hawks for mine, better form, and Kings have no bench to speak of at this stage of season.

Reply #515406 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Love to see Geordie get the reigns of a half decent team - agree Hawks in a tight one.

Appreciate the write ups Jack.

Reply #515407 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Madgen has dislocated his shoulder so it'll make Sydney's job that much harder.

Its close right now (34-31 Hawks), but I can see Gordie's mob pulling away for a solid win.

Reply #515434 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

HAWKS WIN 75 TO 73

Reply #515439 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Brad Rosen just reported that Madgen will have at least 6 months on the sidelines given the severity of his dislocated shoulder.

Guess he is lucky that Sydney's season is all but over anyway.

Reply #515440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep and sydney playing a better more composed game without him and giving it back to WG and on the flip side you have them moving the ball better with Ervin on.

Reply #515441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it the Ambos can pop a shoulder back in but the boomers dr and sydney staff can't. That should be the drs bread and butter in this sport. Not Madgen fan but noone should be in that pain for that long.. Get that dr to ER to learn a thing or two..

Reply #515443 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Huge 3's by Oscar at the end

Reply #515449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perry cutting loose again without Madge

Reply #515454 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Depends on what internal bone/ligament damage he's done. X-rays may have shown more than just a dislocated shoulder.

Not all dislocations are like Mel Gibson's in the Lethal Weapon movies. Not all can just be popped back in and the person be ready to go.

Reply #515456 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

smart defence by ervin on perry

Reply #515457 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what xray - do sydney have one out the back there. he did not go to hospital !!!

Reply #515458 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon - presumably it depends on the severity and extent of nerve and tissue damage around the joint. While most dislocations can be safely reduced in situ, some need to be dealt with in hospital, either with or without surgery. In 2012-13, around 3,400 reductions of shoulder dislocations were done in hospitals, nation-wide (AIHW data).

Reply #515463 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I don't think Garlepp enjoys being a focal point of the offence as he was forced to be here. Forced a couple of plays v double teams and then looked shattered at the end of the game.

He is best as a third option guy/hard worker

Reply #515470 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

If that is the same shoulder Madgen did last time, I'd say he would be looking at surgery. Have done the same thing on both shoulders twice each before having surgery, ligaments tend to stretch and loosen the joint once it happens again.

Reply #515592 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HOME TEAM
K. Perry: 4
J. Duinker: 12
T. Garlepp: 5
K. White: -1
A. Brandt: -11
J. Cadee: -2
C. Ellis: -10
B. Madgen: -7
D. Joyce: 4

ROAD TEAM
G. Ervin: -16
O. Forman: 2
L. Davidson: 5
R. Martin: 13
T. COENRAAD: 0
J. Carson: 7
L. Nevill: -7
A. Ballinger: -7
B. Hill: 13
T. Demos: 0

Reply #515660 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Well that just goes to show that those stats mean absolutely nothing, as the Kings were a MUCH worse team with Duinker on the floor, especially late in the game...

I'm frigging getting sick of losing, but big props to my guys for the hustle they put in, only going down by 2 with Childress out and Madgen out for a large portion of the game... Also big props to me for keeping my mouth shut and not reminding the Hawks fans that were crowing about the win after the game of these facts and hinting that they shouldn't be overly cocky, seeing as how Oscar made some VERY tough shots at the end and we missed an OT by the skin of a missed layup...

Ah well, it could be worse... they put in 100% all the way through, unlike some other, much more stacked teams that have a big sign up saying "Go hard or go to Sydney". I wonder if they've taken that down for United home games yet...

Reply #515686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White finishing the season a respectable 35% from 3 is quite the shock.

Reply #515689 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

He finally got his eye in^, but too little too late to earn himself a spot on the roster for next season, based on merit, not relationships...

^ compared to what he started off shooting

Reply #515693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah thats why I was so amazed. I don't think he made a 3 in 2014.

Reply #515694 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Clearly they weren't a worse team with Duinker on the floor. He may not have played well individually but when he was on the floor they were plus 12.

Reply #515722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754