Androgynous
Years ago

U23 Div 2W Foulfest??

Top two teams played, not rough or even overly physical. It was like pulling teeth.

54 fouls called for the game between the two teams.
17 in the first quarter.

Can you beat it or is this the record.

Topic #36517 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

That's pretty high, I recall 15 fouls against us in under 18 VC (VJBL) one season, all in first quarter and all against one team!

Oh, we were playing away too...

Reply #516094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like the players needed to get their hands out and play some better D

Reply #516100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon^ sounds like a troll referee who forgets he is also bound by the basketball code of conduct.

Reply #516103 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Every YCM game in round 1 last year. Had 4-5 players per team fouling out.

Reply #516106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Troll referee never, they know everything, gun players, gun coaches, but you know the old saying if you can't play ref!!

Reply #516141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name and shame the ref

Reply #516143 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Why automatically blame the ref? I've seen enough NBL games where players showed no interest in staying within the rules. And, yeah, Melbourne DisUnited figures a lot in that attitude.

There are enough coaches telling their players to test the limits and dare the ref to make a call. (Even me)

Reply #516170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At U18 Nationals last year a fairly high percentage of the mens games easily drew 40+ fouls, and a few would have gotten above 50. Some of the games were unwatchable with the way they were refereed.

Reply #516246 | Report this post

ruzz  
Years ago

I agree too many refs think if they haven't called 10 fouls in a quarter (i.e. both teams in the bonus) then they're not doing their job.

Having said that, too many Juniors aren't coached to adjust their play to what the refs are actually calling. Which is how it should work but requires the refs themselves to be consistent within that particular game, which obviously doesn't always happen.

But in this particular case, where was the Ref Coach/Supervisor and why weren't the refs "counsellled" at half time?

Reply #516390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even in premier competitions like the VJBL you struggle to find a court supervisor at some venues. Some times there is one there but they make excuses, like saying they are panel referees and don't come under my control, or some such rubbish just to avoid helping an away team. (Actually happened)

Reply #516429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754