Very Old
Years ago

Gordie McLeod : #1 coach target

If Boti is right http://www.botinagy.com/blog/say-it-aint-so-gordie/

then any NBL "management" with any nouse should be after him with with an open cheque book 7.30 am Monday morning or earlier.

does anyone really think that Perth would be looking at 4th , or Melbourne "united" watching from the sidelines next week, if he had been coaching them this season ?

Don't quote Gorj or Smyth to me, Gordie is absolutely, player salary - dollar for dollar, player talent for talent . a far better coach than either of them.

sorry , its just they way it is.

In the '80 almost every coach who got awarded "coach of the year" got sacked the next year, some, like bob turner , went on to further coach of the year and premiership honours,

Geordie will do the same if picked up by a club with some money to spend on player talent.

damn I hope he's coaching somewhere next year, and getting paid what he is worth,

Topic #36552 | Report this topic

Very Old  
Years ago

A good player, a great coach and a damn good man, and i'ts not just the alcohol talking.

Reply #516817 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Would love to see what he could do with Perth's resources behind him :D

Reply #516825 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

It would be very fascinating to see what players from Wollongong would try and join him wherever he would coach.

Good luck to Gordie and I hope he sticks around the Hawks

Reply #516832 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

If Boti is right, perhaps management people should stick to making management decisions and let basketball people make basketball decisions. If Gordie goes it may be the end of the Hawks. We saw what people thought of the Gruber decision, can't imagine the backlash if Gordie is outed.

Reply #516846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Hawks confirm that Geordie is staying with them next year. Boti making things up again

Reply #516870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti would never make things up. Gordie must of re-signed this morning.

Reply #516877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordie has been looking to move on for a while and hopefully he can run the Hawks next season with no interference.

Reply #516888 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

The whole blog makes it clear he's reporting runours from sources and re-iterates throughout that Wollongong should try to keep him. He also states right at the beginning that he hadn't spoken directly with McLeod.

For me, the whole thing read like a piece designed to improve McLeod's negotiating position. Looks like it worked.

Reply #516892 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

He's in the middle of a three year deal. No negotiations. Just a whole bunch of BS.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2899726/hawks-coach-gordie-mcleod-staying-put/

Reply #517060 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754