Matthew
Years ago

Additional fees for ticketing

To put this into context.

Tickets to Wildcats members just went on sale. Im a silver member and it was going to cost me 65 dollars. So I log in with the secret password.

This next part is what got me fuming.

Ticktek charges me 9 dollars and 10 cents to provide me no ticket.

Thats right, all I need to do is present my membership badge at the gate and the system is supposed to understand I had paid. So no ticket will be sent out to me, I wont have to print something at home on my 9.10 printer. I get nothing.

And Im charged 9.10 for what? For a computer program to assign me a seat?

Im pretty much fuming. Im not annoyed enough to NOT get a ticket, but its pretty damn close.

Topic #36573 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, it is absolutely infuriating. On an airline site the other day, I think they were charging $30 per ticket in credit card fees. They do it because they can.

ACCC should absolutely force disclosure of the full price up front.

Reply #517218 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I know to buy a ticket at the airport with some airlines, they charge a $40 service fee, just because they can. ACCC is weak when it comes to stuff like this.

Reply #517223 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

How much does the ticket seller in Adelaide charge you for the honor of getting a ticket?

Reply #517226 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Also: my bill:

Ticket/Item Price: Silver Reserve
1 x Membership Admit: Adult @ $66.27 $66.27

Sub-total $65.00
Service/Delivery Fee $9.10
Payment Processing Fee $1.27

TOTAL $75.37

What is the difference between a Service/Delivery fee and a payment processing fee?

Reply #517227 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Although the fees are over and above..

How do you think the website and it systems are paid for? The staff on the phones and outlets don't work for free either.
Also surprise surprise, ticketek is a business not a charity, therefore they want some money over overheads.

The price is what the promoter gets, the fees are what the ticket agency takes.

Yeah it should be one listed price so people don't get mad about it, but ticket fees have been around for ages.

Reply #517232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

at least you got action on the site - keeps freezing for me

Reply #517238 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

$9 seems way over the top. The most annoying thing is there is no other deliver option. You cant pick up a paper ticket or print it off, you can only have it loaded onto your season pass.

9000 members @ $9.10 = $81,900

Reply #517242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got my ticket for the semi at half time of the game yesterday at the box office outlet at Perth Arena and paid $65.

Reply #517254 | Report this post

GTS  
Years ago

Got mine for Cairns V Perth on Friday night
Platinum seats normally $57 were $72 for me today .

Reply #517271 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

I don't understand how you can get a $9 processing fee when you use your own membership card. In the US a successful lawsuit was filed about processing fees from ticketmaster.

http://www.bostonmusicspotlight.com/news-ticketmaster-settles-lawsuit-will-issue-buyers-400-million-in-credits-june-2014/

Reply #517276 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Take it up with the people who contract Ticketek. i.e., the clubs or the NBL, whichever it is. Get them to sign Ticketek into an arrangement that includes all ticketing fees into the published price.

Personally, I don't understand why these exclusive ticketing arrangements with associated ticketing fees don't fall under the third line forcing provisions of the Trade Practices Act. I suspect there's some arcane argument about not lessening competition that is morally unsound but legally acceptable.

Reply #517323 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

alexkrad, on no grounds should anyone be endorsing this insanity.

How do you think the website and it systems are paid for? The staff on the phones and outlets don't work for free either.
How are the staff, rent and IT infrastructure paid for at Woolworths? At my business? At the pub? By the advertised product and service pricing!

Reply #517328 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

I have been told that the advertised ticket price is not all money for the club, moreso the ticketing agencies already get a cut of that, then add on the fees as well.
I believe it was something like $5-$10 of the ticket price is the ticketing companies share. The same setup as the catering. Club only gets a part of the money.

Reply #517350 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The $9.10 delivery charge is now being charged to non-members who are wanting to pick up the tickets at the venue. Very Steep!!

The only other option is to have the email ticket or mobile ticket which are $6.60.

Reply #517407 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Yeah, Id say something needs to be done about this but I feel so powerless trying to get anything done about it.

Reply #517410 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

FWIW - I first became aware of this behaviour when we went to BBL earlier this year. There was no way to get a ticket without paying the ticketing fee. As per Train above - even if you went to the venue to buy, you still had to pay it.

Reply #517412 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I purchased my Bronze seat for $40, so to pay a 25% surcharge to have my ticket validated on my already purchased season pass is just not on. Not sure if the Cats admin can do anything about this but I'm certainly going to be contacting them about it.

Reply #517413 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

It seems rough but the processing/ticketing fee of $9 isn't based on what your seat is worth. Its one fee for everyone.

Reply #517415 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Ive sent in a complaint letter to the Wildcats. Ill let you know If I hear any response.

Reply #517416 | Report this post

pod  
Years ago

that's a pure disgrace. but people will pay to see sport, and the groups know that

Reply #517439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I went to the ticketek box office at the shops and I didn't have to pay the processing fee! Absolutely ridiculous having to pay $9 for something that just activates my barcode on my membership card!

Reply #517443 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754