Anonymous
Years ago

Derrick Rose out again

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will undergo surgery

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/12378016/chicago-bulls-guard-derrick-rose-undergo-surgery-repair-torn-meniscus-table-uncertain

Topic #36582 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

I think now we can firmly say without doubt that he will never be an all star again. I'd probably go further as to say he will never be a starter on a contender again.

Feel for him.

Reply #517585 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Another great and promising career plagued by injury. Get well soon Rose and all the best for the future!

Reply #517588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the way he plays, he needs to take less physical risks. More jump shots and distribution, less lightning twisting drives through crowded keyways filled with huge blokes.

I love watching him play, but I feel stressed watching because I know an injury is coming...

Reply #517591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ Jump shots is all he is doing these days. How is it that Westbrook can come back and is potentially in the best form of his career. Diferent mindset. Westbrook is a killer.

Reply #517595 | Report this post

shootingblanks  
Years ago

"I'd probably go further as to say he will never be a starter on a contender again."

Why? It's terrible news for sure, but there's no reason he wont be back at 100% for the remainder of his career.

Reply #517619 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I can already see an ESPN 30 for 30: "The Rose that never blossomed".

Reply #517640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its luck of the draw stuff more than the weay he plays. can make just as many arguements for guys like AI, as far as im aware he never had a knee type issue to deal with. The NBA is physical, and with 82 games plus trainings, the chances of injuries are always high.

Reply #517657 | Report this post

buckets  
Years ago

@MACDUB, you better copyright that one!!! definitely sounds like a future 30 for 30

Reply #517671 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also I have an unpopular prediction I'm going to throw out there:

The Bulls will be better without Derrick Rose.

If they can pick up a league-average calibre PG to replace him they will be able to come out of the East.

Who would you rather take a game winning shot, 2015 Derrick Rose or Jimmy Butler?

Reply #517735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754