Bizzy
Years ago

Mike McKay retires from ABL

Last week Mike McKay played his last game with North and is now retiring.

Here's the link to the article:

It's goodbye for McKay

Topic #3660 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

Thats sad To hear All though he cops alot about his age on this Forum He still Played his Role for North and will Be missed next season...

Reply #42679 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nathan Hawkes also retiring. Worth reading the article -- a reminder of what McKay has achieved.

DC, how about a Hot/Not tribute to Mike?

Reply #42683 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

With Hawkes retiring as well, should we expect a re-building year for the Rockets? Or do they have people that can step in straight away and fill these spots?

Reply #42684 | Report this post

Pablo  
Years ago

No one can replace a McKay or Hawkes, but they do have some of the best juniors around so hopefully some of them can almost fill the void

Reply #42685 | Report this post

I LOVE MIKE!  
Years ago

I don't want Mike to retire!! I love him!! His my hero!!!!

Reply #42696 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

i have played against mckay for a few years now, an di have nothing but the greatest respect for the man. his record in south australian basketball is absolutely legendary, and his sportsmanship to stay behind at morphett vale after a tough loss when none of his teammates did will long be remembered. thanks for the memories swish!!

Reply #42704 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

he will be best remembered for his balfours commercials," couldn't you go a balfours right now" thanks for all the memories balfours. anyone wanting to see balfours in his prime, the deli on the broadway at glenelg still has a mike mckay balfours poster on the wall, i guess they just cant let go, its vintage.

Reply #42711 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

A hot not less than an hour away.

Reply #42766 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754