Grovermister
Years ago

2015 Grand Final series: Taipans vs Breakers

so... since i was miles off with my semi final predictions...

(damn motum getting injured and 36ers learning how to play finals from Richmond... lol)

Whose people got?

Breakers looked brilliant!

unrelentless

surely they would have to be favourites? even without home court advantage...

Hope Cairns can win it hough said after they beat us Rnd one at home i wouldnt mind them winning it all!

Whats the sportsbet odds?

Topic #36619 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

No matchday odds yet, but overall Cairns are paying $1.80 to the Breakers $2.00

Reply #518838 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was really impressed by New Zealand too. That starting group is just too talented and Jackson is on a mission to win. Burston will be critical for Cairns.

I can see it going to three games, but I don't know if Cairns will be able to hold them off now that it's for real.

Both teams showed in the semis that they were there to take it all, so wouldn't be unhappy to see either side win. Hopefully Cairns get their first though. My bet is on NZ though - got them at $2.75 after the first semi win.

Reply #518839 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Cairns to win their maiden NBL championship in 3 games. Breakers have been playing some fantastic ball in the semi finals but Cairns have been the best team all year. HCA to get them over the line.

Reply #518842 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im going Cairns in 2.

Reply #518845 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Cairns in 3. Should be a killer diller as Kevin Bartlett would say...

Reply #518846 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I hope Cairns win it but will be pretty happy if the Breakers win #4.

Reply #518848 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I will be throwing my support behind Cairns, and I think they can do it in 3.

Reply #518853 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This is nothing too risky, I think home court will be enough to get Cairns over the line, but what i would really like to see is a five game final series...

Reply #518873 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I want cairns to take it. But at the same time, I don't really care. It has been an underwhelming season compared to last year, and I hope the NBL takes a long hard look at itself.

Reply #518874 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The GF series will go to 3 games. Both teams are just too good.

Cairns have really come together very well and New Zealand are back in the game with Jackson and Webster really dominating.

Reply #518883 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

New Zealand to sweep, they are rolling like a Juggernaut.

Reply #518895 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

not sure....wish it was a 5 game series though.

i know the nbl needs to finish at a certain time as not to run into the other codes,just drop the last regulation season round and bring back the 5game series.

Reply #518923 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Cairns in 2 for me. Breakers can't keep shooting like they did against Adelaide.
Cairns unbeaten in NZ this year also.

Reply #518924 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

NZ to sweep - athleticism to be too much for Snakes

Reply #518933 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

Cairns in 3 with a bit of Wilbekin and Jackson magic sprinkled inbetween. I think that Cairns defence will be the difference( Breakers D is not to shabby either) I hope it's a fast paced roller coaster ride of a series

Reply #518957 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hope Cairns in 3, and really hope for no Kevin Braswell, he is no good.

Reply #519027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're an absolute fool if you think the 3-1 regular season series in favour of Cairns (+29 points differential) means anything come playoffs. Point blank, the Taipans just don't match up well against New Zealand and it will be and embarrassing 2-0 sweep of the lowly Taipans. In fact, they should probably give up right now...

Reply #519072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For NZ to win they'll need to continue to shoot well from the 3pt line.

They'll likely have to steal the first game then take the title at home.

Cairns for a team without a great shot blocker (other then Torrey Craig), they do a great job closing out shooters and chasing them off the 3pt line.

Cairns kept NZ to an eFG% of .450 (and 27.5% from 3) which is lower then any other team they played.

NZ have had some road games where they have shot poorly and they have looked horrible....

I'm going with Cairns in 3 games.

Reply #519075 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Hope Cairns in 3, and really hope for no Kevin Braswell, he is no good."

Sadly, Tab Baldwin picked up the Philippines coaching job or he'd be doing it, and I reckon he's close to the best special comments guy I've ever heard. Bloody hell he sees the game well.

Reply #519082 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

I agree Paul, Tab Baldwin was fantastic last season in the few games he did while Casey filled in for Pledger. Speaking of Casey where is he ? As bad as he was he's still better than Braswell !!

Reply #519196 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Was nz that good or Adelaide was that shit?

Reply #519289 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

On the broadcast they said Casey was filming a Bollywood movie! Don't know if serious or an in-joke but who would doubt Casey might be off doing something like that?!

Reply #519311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike Homik is in India filming, he's been involved in film since being a standin for the Lord of the Rings, kind of like Stiff & co. did in Star Wars.

Anyway the producers wanted another tall so Homik recruited Frank.

Reply #519397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could you pin this to the top Isaac? Cheers

Reply #519578 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

What a series we have! We need a great contest to help take away the spotlight from the NBL's off-court woes.

Grand Final Preview: Cairns Taipans vs. New Zealand Breakers

Reply #519763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 25 posts....

NBL really lost some momentum once the finals started after what was possibly the best regular season I can remember.

Reply #519767 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Last season says hi.

The Wollongong situation probably has a lot to do with it.

Reply #519768 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Should come at no surprise really but no Grand Final preview on the NBL website yet.

C'mon NBL, this is the climax of the NBL season. How hard is it too put together a preview and hype up the series a bit. *facepalm*

Reply #519795 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

One up one to go. How do Cairns, Craig, Tregarth recover. Burston and Gliddon can hold their heads up.
Jackson dominated and Carter put them away with that spurt at the start of Q4. Cairns panicked and were not patient. No inside game. Shot bricks all night.

Reply #519873 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I don't think Cairns were too far off the mark, Trigger had a bad game at both ends and I think that was probably the biggest difference between the two. Jackson was sensational, as was Carter's cameo.

Reply #519883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754