skull
Years ago

Its Not All Doom And Gloom (2)

Just saying....Australia is producing world class male and female basketballers, all coming through the systems in place.
It's Certainly Not All Doom And Gloom !!
World economics has/will play a huge part in the survival of the NBL.

Topic #36635 | Report this topic

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

You're correct, Basketball in Australia is fine apart from our National League which is finished.

Reply #519254 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Drugs are kicking in again.

Reply #519268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many world class players actually play or played in the NBL? Joe Ingles is the only player out of 8 that has actually played in the NBL. And he's only in the NBA because he's mates with Exum and the Jazz thought it would help Exum settle into the riggers of the NBA. Your arguments hold no weight...

Reply #519280 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Patty Mills played for the Melbourne Tigers!

Honestly this post is pointless!

I go to Wildcats games and see people of every age, creed and plenty of families and for the life of me I can't work out why our powers that be won't market the game properly and why it won't flourish as we the paying customer deserves.

Saying that we as a country are producing better players is barely the point as we still have far too many dud administratirs

Reply #519283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Mr Mills play for the Tigers???

Reply #519284 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Harry, you need to get off those drugs mate....

Reply #519285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"riggers of teh NBA"...match fixing?

Reply #519348 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Anon i doubt Ingles would be a starter in the Jazz outfit just to keep Exum happy. They are also winning games with him in the top 5. Oh i just checked todays box scores & ingles played 35 mins against Memphis (2nd in West)& went 3/5 - 8 pts, 7 assts & 3 rbds. Did i mention they won?

Reply #519349 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

If the only reason they wanted Ingles on the team was to make things easier on Dante they would have suited up Cecil instead. Ingles is playing better than Exum is anyways.

Reply #519372 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's no surprise, Ingles is a much much better player than Dante at this point of their careers.

Reply #519373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum got the 7 assists today

Reply #519374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles is only starting due to injuries and Exum replaced Trey Burke because of his defensive abilities. If Ingles was as good as everyone says he would have played NBA years ago

Reply #519396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you make a call that Ingles is better than Exum at respective points of their careers. If I remember Ingles was playing NBL when he was 19? That doesn't even compare to what Exum is doing at 19 in the NBA.

Reply #519399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone on here even watch NBA and see how effective Exum is instead of basing your ideas on his box scores? The Jazz are winning and playing great D behind two of the their youngest players Exum and Gobert. I think I would trust what the Jazz coaching staff is doing over any ridiculous comments posted on this site. Just remember Gobert hardly played last year and look what he's doing in second season.. Promising signs for Mr Exum

Reply #519402 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Be that as it may, it is absolutely ridiculous to say that Ingles is ONLY there to make Exum comfortable. Ingles has contributed a lot to the team, and is getting good minutes even when they have a full line up. Exum is yet to bite the bullet and start doing the things he was signed to do, like penetrate.

Reply #519408 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon #519399 - go back and reread the post and the one to which it was replying. You've misread the meaning.

Reply #519454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is the people running the league. No direction, passion or idea.

Reply #519880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst it would be a shame to lose the NBL I must admit that the drop off in standard and popularity over the last 10-15 years is alarming. I used to be a huge fan of the product but like most people have turned my attention to watching NBA games for satisfaction for an exciting brand.

Reply #520128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754