Panther
Years ago

NBL website-Bogut

I find it quite amusing that the NBL site have written an article about Bogut in the summerleague and wrote this.."In five games in the summer league, the Australian averaged 13.2 points and 10.0 rebounds and finished as the leading rebounder despite only playing limited minutes."
Considering he was second in minutes played in the league and averaged 30 minutes a game doesn't really sound like limited minutes to me...

Topic #3666 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

Good also to see Mad man Artest out there playing a few games...

Reply #42699 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Thought Artest would have done a bit better than he did. Guess he'd just be happy to be out on the floor.

I agree Panther 30mins a game is hardly limited minutes.

Reply #42700 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I find it even more amusing that the NBL devotes so much time and space to Bogut considering he's never been near an NBL program.

Reply #42701 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's basketball and he's Australian. The more news the better, IMO.

I mean, this is Hoops SA but we still cover absolutely anything of interest to the community -- even Lance Armstrong's testicle. *shrug*

Reply #42703 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Sure Isaac, but you have set this up as a general basketball portal, which is cool, and you are primarily a forum, not a news based site, which the NBL is.

Take your point but I don't see the NBL covering Lauren, or Laura, or Penny at all.

So are they a basketball website, or an NBL web site or are they trying to be a portal or what? Or are they a men's basketball site? If so, where was their coverage of Aaron Bruce at College last season etc?

I for one get sick of seeing slabs of stuff on the BA web site rehashed on the NBL web site and even on the WNBl site.

I want the NBL media guys to get out and cover the NBL and generate news around that rather than picking up easy pieces off the wire to fill their front page content with. I think it reasonable they cover the Boomers for example from an NBL perspective but it seems strange they would put so much time and energy into Bogut when he's never so much as set foot on one of their floors.

They are in the same office as BA, their writers are shared, surely the Bogut stuff would be better on the BA site.

Reply #42705 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Email and tell them. I think the NBL site is run in a more amateur fashion than some might think. Apart from Carfino and McQuade, there's not really any out and out reporting happening. Howard recycles some press releases, but that's the extent of it.

I guess the opportunity is left to something like OzHoops, but I don't think they do a very good job at it. But then, there's not really much money in it, so it's hard to devote time to that sort of thing. I have the domain for it (www.hoops.com.au) but not the time.

Reply #42708 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer and I guess the other amusing thing on this is that Bogut basically bagged the NBL and said if any kid out there wants to make NBA, don't play NBL!!! Ha ha ha

Reply #42729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:58 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754